Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will have D*DD or DDD which is there entry requirment but I only have 2 GCSEs maths and english at C grade, will I get in?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. We aren't admission tutors, we can't speculate on your chances of getting in. But GCSEs are not that important, it is your A level/BTEC grades which matter. You have the important GCSEs so I don't think you should worry. I got into all the universities I applied to and I only had three GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    I have a D* in IT so far and have been predicted DDD by the end of this year (likely to achieve higher though). Got B's at GCSE for Maths and English.

Kent gave me an offer for DDD, so if you're on track for a D*DD then I'm sure your chances are really high for getting an offer from them.

I've heard they're pretty lax for criteria so the GCSEs shouldn't be a problem, I'd say go for it if you like the look of the Uni. Hope this helps mate

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, i did BTEC Hair and Beauty and still got in!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumAtUni)
    I have a D* in IT so far and have been predicted DDD by the end of this year (likely to achieve higher though). Got B's at GCSE for Maths and English.

Kent gave me an offer for DDD, so if you're on track for a D*DD then I'm sure your chances are really high for getting an offer from them.

I've heard they're pretty lax for criteria so the GCSEs shouldn't be a problem, I'd say go for it if you like the look of the Uni. Hope this helps mate
    I'm predicted D*D* and thats for Business, whilst the B is for History. Do you think they will be flexible with this? I know it isn't relevant for CompSci but I hope it is.
    If it helps I know the admissions officer personally after I spent a week there for some work experience during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    I'm predicted D*D* and thats for Business, whilst the B is for History. Do you think they will be flexible with this? I know it isn't relevant for CompSci but I hope it is.
    If it helps I know the admissions officer personally after I spent a week there for some work experience during the summer.
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Dont worry, i did BTEC Hair and Beauty and still got in!
    I'm hijacking money-for-all's comment here, seeing as they did a BTEC in Hair and Beauty and got into the Comp Sci course. It seems like Kent are very lax with the qualifications (not to throw shade or anything!) You're probably best to contact the admissions office to learn what you can, I know you've probably heard that before but it's the best advice out there.

I'd recommend making sure you personal statement really states your interest for the course and whatever experience you have with IT systems, as that's what they'll be looking out for. But yeah, just to be on the safe side check with admissions before putting it down as a choice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumAtUni)
    I'm hijacking money-for-all's comment here, seeing as they did a BTEC in Hair and Beauty and got into the Comp Sci course.
    Think he was just joking mate... but yeah I get what you mean, though. Hopefully, I'll see you around September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Think he was just joking mate... but yeah I get what you mean, though. Hopefully, I'll see you around September
    Ah bloody hell, shows how much I can recognise sarcasm haha. Yeah man, good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.