(Original post by musicboy)
    Is there any cure (except for alcohol)?

MB
    Will power

ReputationRep:

MB
    Smile. Even if you don't feel like it, people will see you smiling and think that you're confident. Thus, they're more likely to come up and say hello.

ReputationRep:

MB
    you just have to beleive in yourself. easier said than done though.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. Was waiting in teh bus queue and had another anxiety attack. Why?! Noone was intimidating me! Grrrr. And then I was all wound up and I didn't calm down for another hour. I'm not at all shy, but I do get very anxious.

(Original post by red665)
    Smile. Even if you don't feel like it, people will see you smiling and think that you're confident. Thus, they're more likely to come up and say hello.
    Make sure you've got reasonably good teeth if you're going to try this approach though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    shyness can be tres cute
    I've been called "cute" - although that was to my face; which usually means a different thing i think.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is a good cure. Except it can have unwanted (and unpleasant / messy) side effects ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    Make sure you've got reasonably good teeth if you're going to try this approach though!
    LMAO! I don't mean this type of grin - - cause someone just standing there grinning like that would freak me out somewhat, I mean a more subtle sort of cute grin - - lol

*but yeah, always check for green stuff etc before attempting the smile approach lol

ReputationRep:

MB
    UNIVERSITY

ReputationRep:

MB
    What if you don't drink alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    shyness can be tres cute
    I agree.

I'm shy but not cute though

LMAO! I don't mean this type of grin - - cause someone just standing there grinning like that would freak me out somewhat, I mean a more subtle sort of cute grin - - lol

*but yeah, always check for green stuff etc before attempting the smile approach lol
    I agree with you though. A smile is certainly more likely to draw ppl to you than a scowl.

ReputationRep:

I don't mind any kind of grin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    UNIVERSITY
    lies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    lies!
    *******s - there goes plan A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    lies!
    Not necassarilly, it can be good, because no-one knows you there so you can be whoever you want (within reason) - and when you first go that very first day, everyone is in the same boat. It makes meeting people so much easier, as there tend to be queues for everything, hence the ability to turn to the person behind you and introduce yourself.

ReputationRep:

MB
    YES! you can think its a crock'o'crap but hynotherapy. i vas seriously shy with panic attacks and i am so must more at ease with myself now. it was £80 for a 2hr session and that was all i needed.
    iots definatly wortha try whether you belive in it or not.

lu x

ReputationRep:
    Not necassarilly, it can be good, because no-one knows you there so you can be whoever you want (within reason) - and when you first go that very first day, everyone is in the same boat. It makes meeting people so much easier, as there tend to be queues for everything, hence the ability to turn to the person behind you and introduce yourself.
    more lies!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.