Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I can learn them for the exam but I don't think I'd be able to thing of all of them simultaneously in my head whilst I select which one I need for a part of a question nor do I wish to write all of them down for every question.

Is it a good idea to write them all down on the first page or something and just turn back when I need them? Or perhaps ask for a sheet of paper before the exam so I can write them down when it begins (if that's allowed).

Thanks in advance.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    I reckon I can learn them for the exam but I don't think I'd be able to thing of all of them simultaneously in my head whilst I select which one I need for a part of a question nor do I wish to write all of them down for every question.

Is it a good idea to write them all down on the first page or something and just turn back when I need them? Or perhaps ask for a sheet of paper before the exam so I can write them down when it begins (if that's allowed).

Thanks in advance.
    For Add Maths, our teacher recommended writing them down on the first page so you don't have to write them down again and again (like you said!). That being said, make sure you learn them/write them down correctly.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah aha, I'd still learn them as forgetting some when writing them at the beginning of the exam would sure worry me for the rest of the exam. xD
    Thanks! karmacrunch

Although, where would I write it on the first page? I do OCR maths and I'm sure you can't write around your work as it says 'please do not write here' and I don't want to put it in an answer box that has nothing to do with SUVATs in case they think I'm stupid. Is there room elsewhere? Are you allowed to write in formula booklets or allowed to ask for a spare sheet of paper as in written exams?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah aha, I'd still learn them as forgetting some when writing them at the beginning of the exam would sure worry me for the rest of the exam. xD
    Thanks! karmacrunch

Although, where would I write it on the first page? I do OCR maths and I'm sure you can't write around your work as it says 'please do not write here' and I don't want to put it in an answer box that has nothing to do with SUVATs in case they think I'm stupid. Is there room elsewhere? Are you allowed to write in formula booklets or allowed to ask for a spare sheet of paper as in written exams?
    You could write them on the question paper for a start.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! karmacrunch

You're welcome.

I'm on OCR MEI but I've just looked at an OCR paper. I'd probably write them somewhere on the question booklet but I would ask a teacher just to double check.

I doubt they'd think it's stupid. It's probably better to write them out anyway so you can look at them when you need to. ++ You could always cross them out at the end, if you don't want an examiner to mark them. (:

Edit: Mr M is a teacher. ^^

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I could aha, thanks! :P

(Original post by Mr M)
    You could write them on the question paper for a start.
    and karmacrunch
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I could aha, thanks! :P

and karmacrunch
    By the way, I've examined M1 for OCR. Lots of candidates write the SUVAT equations down on their answer books. We don't think they are dim for doing so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    By the way, I've examined M1 for OCR. Lots of candidates write the SUVAT equations down on their answer books. We don't think they are dim for doing so!
    Ah okay, I just thought if I wrote them close to a question that was clearly about something unrelated to SUVATs it'd make me look bad xD
    But thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, I just thought if I wrote them close to a question that was clearly about something unrelated to SUVATs it'd make me look bad xD
    But thanks
    Honestly dude i know it seems alot but you just remember them after 2 months into the course. Im in A2 now and its just stuck in my head. You'll be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.