Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hi i'm 15 and i think i could have OCD. About a year and a half ago i started pulling my eyelashes out, and i still do this but not as much. Now i have certain things i have to do and have to do in a certain order, for example i have a routine before i go to bed, where i have to check my wardrobe and other places because i'm paranoid, and if i don't believe something bad may happen. I have to check other things such as switches, which i will switch on and off until i am happy i have done it enough. I also am very paranoid majority of the time, i sometimes go to bed and just think what if something happens to someone close to me, and i have to go to sleep before everyone else in my house otherwise i have intrusive thoughts like what if i grow up and kill someone, even though i wouldn't. I hate being home alone as everything gets to me, and even just walking places on my own i'm constantly looking around with thoughts that someone might attack me or something. I might just be overthinking this but i feel like i cant talk to anyone about this as no one would understand and i don't want to burden my mum as she had months of therapy for her depression and i don't want to make things worse. Stress of exams don't help as i'm in y11 and i stress so easily, which ends up i me just crying. Sorry for rambling on i just want to hear what others think.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like OCD symptoms. Please go to your GP and get help. He or she can refer you to counselling and you can start improving your situation.

You can go with a parent or friend, or write down a list of what you want to say if you feel nervous. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hey you can always contact childline they are there to help, and they can also make someone get in contact with you (ie from your school). They can give you support and help you figure out how you're going to get help, they're trained to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.