Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine who was at U.M.I.S.T until he left earlier this year without completing his course has decided that he would like a second shot at uni.

His local uni is Hull however obviusly all the U.C.A.S. deadlines have passed.

I understand that student finance may still consider late applications but is there any way whatsoever to still go to uni without going through the application process?

He has good A-levels (c,c,c) so could he agree something direct with the uni and enter into clearing? I know that this is really nothing to do with me but he is all down and I am trying to get him to do something before he misses the boat and has to wait until 2005 for entry!

He is currently working in a blue collar job and I know that he hates it but does it just for the money. He is also concerned because he sees no future for himself and this leads him into a bad way.

I dont want to ring admissions tutors myself however I would like to know if this would be possible - any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    A friend of mine who was at U.M.I.S.T until he left earlier this year without completing his course has decided that he would like a second shot at uni.

His local uni is Hull however obviusly all the U.C.A.S. deadlines have passed.

I understand that student finance may still consider late applications but is there any way whatsoever to still go to uni without going through the application process?

He has good A-levels (c,c,c) so could he agree something direct with the uni and enter into clearing? I know that this is really nothing to do with me but he is all down and I am trying to get him to do something before he misses the boat and has to wait until 2005 for entry!

He is currently working in a blue collar job and I know that he hates it but does it just for the money. He is also concerned because he sees no future for himself and this leads him into a bad way.

I dont want to ring admissions tutors myself however I would like to know if this would be possible - any ideas?

A friend of mine who is now studying law at my uni did this. He didn't go through UCAS to get his place, he simply found the number of admissions on the internet, rang up, got an appt to speak to one of our tutors, and he got a place. He didn't have that good grades either, but he's a mature student (well, 24) so he has life experience. He can blag anything though, so I don't know how well it'd work.

Hell, it's worth a try though isn't it - what's the worst that can happen?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.