Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you go out with someone on minimum wage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

As you've guessed I'm a girl on minimum wage. I feel like someone's career and future prospects has a relation to attracting a partner. I'm just very insecure. I work as a kitchen assistant on minimum wage and feel like I won't find a girlfriend.

I'm really shy and find it hard to meet new people, like I literally can't push myself to approach someone. I feel like I suffer from social anxiety too and I get really sad and emotional all the time for no reason.

Anyway would you take into consideration someones earning potential when thinking about being in a relationship?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Somewhat. I guess I'm looking at the long term now, for the future like when it comes to raising a family.

As a rule of thumb, guys aren't really bothered by the income of a woman, and women are bothered about the income of a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely not care at all about my partner's income.
    I would however hope she has ambitions.

I'm sorry you go through sad times.
    I hope you are happy and find someone you'll fall for soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because mostly I am shallow for looks, I might be broke as well but most importantly because I understand that the low level parts of life are part of the path to success.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Yes, because mostly I am shallow for looks, I might be broke as well but most importantly because I understand that the low level parts of life are part of the path to success.
    Oh that's very pleasing to read lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I mean personally, when I think about getting into a relationship I tend to focus on their personality/character/beliefs....salary is very VERY far down the list.
    Also, I'm more independent when it comes to earning. I like to pay for my own things and would never get with someone because of how rich they were.
    If there was someone I genuinely like, finding out what they earn wouldn't bother me.
    That being said, I know lots of girls where it'd be a dealbreaker. Depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    I would definitely not care at all about my partner's income.
    I would however hope she has ambitions.

I'm sorry you go through sad times.
    I hope you are happy and find someone you'll fall for soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So sweet! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planetpink)
    Oh that's very pleasing to read lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also you have really nice eyes, if thats you in your avi
    • Political Ambassador

I don't think it should matter how much the potential partner earns, but rather how intelligent and kind s/he is and how s/he's planning to improve in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Also you have really nice eyes, if thats you in your avi
    Thank you Sir
    Yep that's lil me
    I'm sure you have nice eyes 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Sir
    Yep that's lil me
    I'm sure you have nice eyes 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My eyes are nice if you think very dark eyes look good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I don't think it should matter how much the potential partner earns, but rather how intelligent and kind s/he is and how s/he's planning to improve in the future.
    What if they arenot very intelligent or brainy but really really really sweet : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What if they arenot very intelligent or brainy but really really really sweet : )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If that is you in your avatar and you are indeed really really really really sweet then only the most pretentious of men would even consider your current wage.

I'd happily marry you next week (once we get permission from my girlfriend).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranktheYank)
    If that is you in your avatar and you are indeed really really really really sweet then only the most pretentious of men would even consider your current wage.

I'd happily marry you next week (once we get permission from my girlfriend).
    Oh lool

I'm actually into girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In that case she's even more likely to say yes since she is too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    That's you? Wow !
    Where are you from?
    My parents are morrocan but I was born and raised in London

Lol thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've literally never cared about a woman's wealth or social class.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.