The Student Room Group

Which Playstation console to buy?

For my birthday I was thinking of getting some new cables so I can use my PS2 (even though when I was younger I never had the chance to play it) but considering the games I want to play should I get an upgrade to a ps3 or a ps4 or should I stick with what I have? (I wanna play some old games because I've heard that the PS2 is backwards compatible)

What I want to play:

FF7 (original before remake is released)
FF8
FF10
FF15
All 4 Classic Devil may cry games
Some of the prince of persia games
All 4 major assasins creed games
Kingdom hearts series
Portal series
Half life series
Resident evil series (anything with leon or chris in it)
some of the star wars games
Well I'm pretty sure most of the classic titles are available on the PSN store for either PS3 or PS4. Kingdom Hearts has been remastered for PS3 on disc and has a new remaster due to come out for the PS4. The Assassins Creed series is also available on PS4 now.

All in all, I'd recommend getting a PS4 because it'll be worth it in the long run.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nicoley-oley
Well I'm pretty sure most of the classic titles are available on the PSN store for either PS3 or PS4. Kingdom Hearts has been remastered for PS3 on disc and has a new remaster due to come out for the PS4. The Assassins Creed series is also available on PS4 now.

All in all, I'd recommend getting a PS4 because it'll be worth it in the long run.

sweet, is it the same for the witcher series, dragon age and mass effect?
Original post by Lhoque
sweet, is it the same for the witcher series, dragon age and mass effect?

The new Mass Effect will be on PS4, I'm not sure about the old ones, maybe on the PSN store? Same with the Witcher but I hear the newest one was amazing and that's on PS4 and same again with Dragon Age. But yeah, PS4 is the way to go as there are so many amazing titles available, new and old :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Nicoley-oley
The new Mass Effect will be on PS4, I'm not sure about the old ones, maybe on the PSN store? Same with the Witcher but I hear the newest one was amazing and that's on PS4 and same again with Dragon Age. But yeah, PS4 is the way to go as there are so many amazing titles available, new and old :h:

thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest