The Student Room Group

Train fine summoned to court

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by threeportdrift
Forget the weird, just drop it, it's not weird at all, you are a habitual train fare scammer and the person entering the data isn't the idiot you took them for.

Your position is immensely strengthened if you pay the fine (which is legitimate, whatever name it is in) promptly.

Once the fine is paid, the only outstanding issue is the false name you gave. With the fine paid, their only reason to pursue this issue is if they decide you are a habitual defrauder (which you clearly are and they know because their records are clearly stronger than you thought) and they have to decide if it is worth pursuing you over that matter. If you still have an outstanding fine at this point, they probably will, if you don't, they might decide not to bother (or you wait until they have a couple of examples when you are over 18 and then really go for you!)

Not a habitual defrauder as its never happened before
There was some sensible advice and then some quite bizarre stuff.

If you are getting letters, then they will have contact details. Its in your interest to sort the matter out quickly to avoid it going to court. You would not go to jail, that is simple panic. You will laos likely aboid the court fee as well if you dont go to court.

Either go to your local CAB or local law centre and discuss it with them (things atre more suited to being assessed by interview). Take your letters along with you.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/

You should eb able to sort it all out if you pay quickly. I would worry, but make it a priority for next week.
The only thing I suggest is make sure the court is aware you have no previous convictions and plead for leniency. Have legal representation.

You would not purchase food from a shop without paying, would you?
Reply 23
I got a letter from the cort to ply guilty .and a letter to write any think that thay my consider. I.ve got a very sirious gambeling problem .and that.s why all this happened . Do u think is a good idea to tell em about my problem
Original post by Ilir12
I.ve got a very sirious gambeling problem .and that.s why all this happened .

Did you type the above sentence on a USB roulette-wheel? Because that would explain a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest