Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 16 and go to a fully boarding school. I'm fairly popular but don't go to the parties of friends as i live really far away, so not really in that group. I've found i'm struggling to meet people my age and make new friends. I would like a nice friendship circle outside school and obviously i'm 16 and feeling urges (lol), a girlfriend if it leads to that. I take care of myself well with dieting and the gym but i really just lack a place to meet people. I know people say like "clubs" but what kind of clubs do you mean? I'm in london and have no idea what these "clubs" are for 16 year olds. The only social things i get really are one off friends when i'm on holiday and they are never more than just flings as luckily girls find me attractive, otherwise i probably wouldn't have done anything.

Summary: 16, want friends outside boarding school, where to find them?

Hey, try doing stuff like cadets and stuff. I'm also trying to find more friends because I don't really speak to loads of people.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.