Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I say to a guy i like but i don't know and Have never spoken to before ? We don't really have any mutual friends because he doesn't go to my school - I know him through an outside school club thing

How should I start a conversation without looking like a creep? Please help me (I'm desperate lol)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What should I say to a guy i like but i don't know and Have never spoken to before ? We don't really have any mutual friends because he doesn't go to my school - I know him through an outside school club thing

How should I start a conversation without looking like a creep? Please help me (I'm desperate lol)
    'Hi, I've seen you around here often, can't believe we haven't spoken before 😂😂😂 my name Jeff... I mean... my name is <insert name here>'

Basically smile a lot, maybe compliment him on something that you've seen in the club, or ask him what school he goes to etc etc, the hardest conversation is the first one.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    'Hi, I've seen you around here often, can't believe we haven't spoken before 😂😂😂 my name Jeff... I mean... my name is <insert name here>'

Basically smile a lot, maybe compliment him on something that you've seen in the club, or ask him what school he goes to etc etc, the hardest conversation is the first one.
    ahh okay thank you for the advice! Think we're both pretty shy which just makes it all so much harder haha
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    ahh okay thank you for the advice! Think we're both pretty shy which just makes it all so much harder haha
    100% can relate, I am a bit shy too. You just have to ask yourself 'what if he has the exact same thoughts as me' 😂😂

(Original post by SeanFM)
    100% can relate, I am a bit shy too. You just have to ask yourself 'what if he has the exact same thoughts as me' 😂😂
    Gave him the opportunity to talk to me today by joining the group he was with and as soon as I started talking he looked at the floor??? What does that even mean😂 Either he really doesn't like me or is REALLY shy ahah ?!

ReputationRep:
    Gave him the opportunity to talk to me today by joining the group he was with and as soon as I started talking he looked at the floor??? What does that even mean😂 Either he really doesn't like me or is REALLY shy ahah ?!
    If you're good looking=( hes shy)

If you've got an extremely banging personality( hes shy)

None of the above(he might not like you)

Just my guess btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dhanny)
    If you're good looking=( hes shy)

If you've got an extremely banging personality( hes shy)

None of the above(he might not like you)

Just my guess btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    idk how pretty i am ahah, i mean I'm definitely not gross: I'm blonde, kinda petite and wear a bit of makeup (but not too much its cakey lol)

I guess i may come across quite confident - definitely not as quiet as him.

I've caught him looking at me before but he didn't today (or at least i didn't catch him ahah)

idk how pretty i am ahah, i mean I'm definitely not gross: I'm blonde, kinda petite and wear a bit of makeup (but not too much its cakey lol)

I've caught him looking at me before but he didn't today (or at least i didn't catch him ahah)
    Lol blonde and petite, perfect combination.

I think he likes you as well but is very shy, how old are you two? Tbh most guys would appreciate a woman taking the initiative even if she was average looking.

Lol blonde and petite, perfect combination.

I think he likes you as well but is very shy, how old are you two? Tbh most guys would appreciate a woman taking the initiative even if she was average looking.
    haha, most guys make fun of me for being small so thanks

and im 16 and i think so is he, or maybe 17 I'm not sure. I could never just walk up to him though because I've never spoken to him before, i dont know if he even knows my name- this is so stupid aaaagh

ReputationRep:

Confidence.....(great)
    He looked at you before(sounds good)
    You're not gross(think its sealed it)

Im guessing he is shy then. Maybe he likes you but hes very shy and he's probably really laid back because he doesnt want to do anything wrong in front of you in case you get bad impressions of him.

Id say go ahead and approach him. Just ask him some basic question like 'how do you like this club?' and then engage in small talk and get to know each other.

Good luck .

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dhanny)
    Confidence.....(great)
    He looked at you before(sounds good)
    You're not gross(think its sealed it)

Im guessing he is shy then. Maybe he likes you but hes very shy and he's probably really laid back because he doesnt want to do anything wrong in front of you in case you get bad impressions of him.

Id say go ahead and approach him. Just ask him some basic question like 'how do you like this club?' and then engage in small talk and get to know each other.

Good luck .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think he's shy too, tbh its kind of impossible to tell - guess its just going to have to be occasional prolonged eye contact across the room until one of us gets a grip lol

i think he's shy too, tbh its kind of impossible to tell - guess its just going to have to be occasional prolonged eye contact across the room until one of us gets a grip lol
    I really advise against this. As someone who has been experiencing this for 2 years all it does is make things more difficult and make you feel more shy as feelings grow. If I could go back and do something earlier I would because it would've saved me from suffering all this time

I really advise against this. As someone who has been experiencing this for 2 years all it does is make things more difficult and make you feel more shy as feelings grow. If I could go back and do something earlier I would because it would've saved me from suffering all this time
    oh god I know, you're completely right - i don't really know what else to do :///////

oh god I know, you're completely right - i don't really know what else to do :///////
    I really would advise you to just say something to him. It is better to have tried and either succeed or be able to move on trust me. I have no idea what to do in my situation because it's blatantly obvious that we like each other but have made things so awkward with not talking sooner

haha, most guys make fun of me for being small so thanks

and im 16 and i think so is he, or maybe 17 I'm not sure. I could never just walk up to him though because I've never spoken to him before, i dont know if he even knows my name- this is so stupid aaaagh
    So your both young. I think rather than being stuck in a circle where neither of you take stern action (your trying which is good) you should try other things. So maybe you don't want to be starting a convo all the time (him looking down doesn't help lol), you can take alternative steps like lingering around him more often-basically get close to him as much as you can, maybe graze his arm when your close, like you try and get something but accidentally touch him etc.. He should be able to pick on this and hopefully take the next step. There is only so much that you can do, he needs to grab his balls and do the rest.

I've never been in a relationship so there is only so much I can say, but what I can tell is that as the guy he should take lead after he's picked up on your signals. :cool:

As a guy if I noticed a woman giving signals I'd either approach her and get to know her or just back off and avoid her if I don't feel attracted. Just hope he gains the confidence to start talking!

So your both young. I think rather than being stuck in a circle where neither of you take stern action (your trying which is good) you should try other things. So maybe you don't want to be starting a convo all the time (him looking down doesn't help lol), you can take alternative steps like lingering around him more often-basically get close to him as much as you can, maybe graze his arm when your close, like you try and get something but accidentally touch him etc.. He should be able to pick on this and hopefully take the next step. There is only so much that you can do, he needs to grab his balls and do the rest.

I've never been in a relationship so there is only so much I can say, but what I can tell is that as the guy he should take lead after he's picked up on your signals. :cool:

As a guy if I noticed a woman giving signals I'd either approach her and get to know her or just back off and avoid her if I don't feel attracted. Just hope he gains the confidence to start talking!
    thanks for the ideas! Its so annoying because I really can't take the lead - its up to him i guess :argh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.