Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just recently graduated and considering to do my PGCE in September this year 2017... however I have no school experience yet and do not have a C in science. Is it still possible to get on the PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Not if you don't meet the entry requirements as they're quite strict and the course is competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Not if you don't meet the entry requirements as they're quite strict and the course is competitive.
    Well I do meet most of the requirements apart from any experience and a C or above in Science

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salmah Ox')
    Well I do meet most of the requirements apart from any experience and a C or above in Science

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Requirements can't be picked or chosen from. They're there for a reason and unless there's a really good reason why you can't meet them or have an alternative way of meeting them you're unlikely to be considered. You can always email the uni and ask what they think of your profile as an applicant. They'll be able to give you the best advice.

ReputationRep:
    I think the C in science is just a requirement for primary.

Either way there is still time to get a science gcse and school experience.

ReputationRep:
    If you demonstrate that you can self-study, are interested and are resilient. They may ask you to do a Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course at that particular university.

What did you study at university and what do you want to apply for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.