Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do the American and Canadian universities like to receive IELTS result?

In case of most British universities, sending them a scanned copy of my TRF is enough; it has been discussed in this thread before. Because any institution who accepts IELTS, can easily verify a result using one's unique TRF number.

Now, most American and Canadian universities mention in their website that the result must come directly from the agency (in my case, British Council) to them.

But how do they receive the result from British Council? Electronically or by post?

I could send my result to at most 5 institutions within one month of my test without any additional fee; but I took the test in last September. So, I need to pay additional £35 to send my result to each uni which would be really expensive for me as I am applying to too many universities. [According to the IELTS website]

And now that I'm required to pay £35 to send my score to each uni, how will they receive the result? Electronically or by post? And what would happen in the first place when I could send the result to 5 unis without any additional fee?

Can someone please clarify this matter for me? Sending a scanned TRF would be the most convenient way for me.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    anyone, please?

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say in this day and age. When I went through college applications, everything was by mail, even from central testing services. I think most admins people prefer by paper because it gets put into a packet, and they have an easier time reading it.

TBH, it doesn't matter how they receive it, just that they do. The factor for you to consider is how many times you have to send it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.