Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everyone

I'm a pharmacy student in the EU who is planning to study in the UK. So, I would like to know if there are books that can help me to learn scientific English language, especially related to biological sciences. I know that the bulk of scientific terms are in English or are universal such as clusters and 5-HT.

I've heard about a book called "Science research writing for non-native speakers of english" by Hilary Glasman-Deal. Is it good for that purpose?

Thank you for reading

ReputationRep:
    I do not know the book you quote (it's name suggests that it might be a little complex for you).

I bought one called "Scientists Must Write ................................ ........ and students" by Robert Barass - very good book, easy to understand yet detailed enough. I would recommend it.

Mukesh (medical author)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macpatelgh)
    I do not know the book you quote (it's name suggests that it might be a little complex for you).

I bought one called "Scientists Must Write ................................ ........ and students" by Robert Barass - very good book, easy to understand yet detailed enough. I would recommend it.

Mukesh (medical author)
    I have skimmed through some of their pages and seems interesting. Thank for your answer, It will be extremely useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.