Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i do my work than my twin... but she's gonna get better grades Watch

ReputationRep:
    She's always been ahead of me at EVERYTHING and at GCSE, she got 6more a * (she got the best she could get) and i'll never beat her at a levels either, even though I do so much more work. Its just so discouraging when deep down I know she'll get into Oxford but i'm spending weekends studying while she's out riding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eviebrizzle)
    She's always been ahead of me at EVERYTHING and at GCSE, she got 6more a * (she got the best she could get) and i'll never beat her at a levels either, even though I do so much more work. Its just so discouraging when deep down I know she'll get into Oxford but i'm spending weekends studying while she's out riding
    work harder?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've kind of lost focus on what learning is. There is more to life than these exams. All they count for is your ability to write down information based on what you already know.

Try to relax maybe, people often achieve success through working smart not hard.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe even though you are doing a lot of work, you aren't actually revising effectively. Try different methods of revising; flash cards, past papers, quizzes, pretending to teach the subject to someone else etc. Find a revision method that works best for you.

This website -> http://www.learning-styles-online.com/overview/ has an explanation of each of the different learning styles. Look into them and see what one you think best applies to you (it may be more than one!). The site also offers great revision tips and strategies for each learning style.

Your sister may be doing less work, but maybe she's doing her work more effectively, or maybe she's just simply naturally good at exams. You can still be intelligent but struggle with exams. Don't focus on what your sister is doing, instead focus on what you are doing. Remember, as long as you are trying your very best, then whatever result is still a great one!

Examinations aren't a competition, and if you're trying to compete with your sister, you may find that added pressure is causing you to mind blank in exams/tests etc. Focus on yourself.

Create a good revision schedule, find what revision style works best for you, and get to work! Wishing you well with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    genetics. Just put in the work and try not to compare yourself to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    genetics. Just put in the work and try not to compare yourself to her
    we are twins, so we share the same genes!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not easy but just stop comparing yourself to her.

I've got a twin and we took all the same GCSE subjects and 3/4 same A Level subjects and it just causes too much hassle for yourself if you keep comparing yourself against her.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about school, dude you have a twin. You'll have a best friend for life. Im 17, and since i was like 5 i've wanted a twin it would be soooo much ****ing fun. If you keep comparing yourself to her you'll lose a possibly great friend because of a crappy thing like school?

ReputationRep:
    Identical or fraternal?

ReputationRep:
    revise together. If you don't understand something ask her to help you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.