Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you describe as the perfect relationship? Watch

What would you describe as the perfect relationship?
    Would u have a routine for stuff, would you be spontaneous, how should the guy girl be like

ReputationRep:
    No stupid unnecessary drama. Little fights, yeah they're healthy. And deep, true friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute openness and just generally being comfortable with each other.

(Original post by elekro)
    No stupid unnecessary drama. Little fights, yeah they're healthy. And deep, true friendship.
    How are having fights healthy ?🤔

(Original post by retardis)
    Absolute openness and just generally being comfortable with each other.
    Sounds rather perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    maybe "arguments" would be more suitable here. you know challenge each other, heat things up. If there was no arguments at all it would be very monotonous.

ReputationRep:
    Hijacked, whoops. If you don't have fights most likely everything is just bottled up and one day it's all going to burst out. Hint: It won't be pretty. Little fights are a nice way to keep everything flowing, discuss the issue, make up, back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    ideal relationship would be where we're both comfortable with each other and open to trying new experiences together. Communication is a must, I think it's important that we can talk about everything and anything. Also want to be able to rely on them :-)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds rather perfect
    Ah, in an ideal world.

ReputationRep:
    A perfect relationship is being spontaneous and having the perfect most handsome guy to be spontaneous with

ReputationRep:
    Both interested in/like the same things and doing the same things. Both motivate each other to train and do other productive things with our lives, without stressing each other out over it. Lack of stress in general because we have a calming influence over one and other and don't argue over small things that aren't worth arguing over. Lots of adventurous, passionate sex with a high level of sexual attraction from both parties.

A man can dream
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A girl that doesn't argue :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Someone I can 100% be myself around, totally and completely comfortable.

The right amount of spontaneity and surprises.

A best friend really

So nice to just let it out on here of what you think is the perfect relationship

ReputationRep:
    Hot, rich, has autism and doesn't cheat.

ticks all the boxes for me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A committed, exclusive, and comfortable relationship in which both people are understanding, caring, in love with each other, dedicated to working through any problems they might have together, and willing to compromise.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Both want the same major things in life such to be in a committed relationship, both agree whether or not to have kids etc. Those sort of things you can't be give or take with. Imo, you both have to be on the same page on topics like that.

There's the right balance of fun, silliness yet seriousness. You know your partner will always be there for you, even when times are rough and will love you, even when you don't love yourself.

You have fun together but you also have fun apart too. It's important to spend a lot of time with your partner and there's nothing wrong with finding the most enjoyment in your life with your partner but you still have to keep up with friends, family, hobbies etc. You should have a life outside of the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both partners spend a lot of time together but also hang out with their own friends. I feel that in relationships, it's healthy to get "space". Both partners should have their own pursuits and hobbies as well. Honesty, open communication and understanding crucial too.

ReputationRep:
    I could probably write a book on this and still wouldn't have covered everything. Its to broad a question.

On the spontaneity point, I like to carefully consider things and plan though I'm happy for those plans to change. I occasionally do last minute things like "lets go to France this weekend" but I'm not sure if that even counts because I still plan it even if I only have a day to do so.

I think long term relationships are inevitably going to be about routine. I couldn't live with an impulsive person because I think they make poor decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Mine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.