Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christianity, like many religions, is fantasy, like Alice in Wonderland Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been agnostic for a few months now. I just don't understand why people believe in religion - the route of all evil. It's 2017, isn't it time to stop praying to God/Allah/Buddha and start finding ourselves? Why the **** you still believe in it?

My parents can't accept that i'm no longer a christian and neither can a church in my uni city is accepting this well. The Pastor who is the same age as me have refused to co-operate with me and still bothers me hence i still have an unhealthy habit to go to church. I found out God is or not real after doing strong prayers and realisation after smoking strong cannabis. Bare in mind i used to see myself as a strong christian before i lost it and realise it is all fake

The truth (and i'm not even right wing) people should keep religion to themselves. I have had it. God does not exist or he exist but doesn't give a ****. If he actually did exist, my mental health would have vanished a decade ago and the world would be a better place. Just think about it. Just had it with Christians especially with these 'black' Christians (I'm Black too) - they piss me off the most with their 'praise and worship' and 'crazy deliverance'. As someone who believes in spiritualism, a deliverance involves TALKING WITH DEMONS AND CASTING THEM OUT, Not falling down and making noises.

Imagine one christian girl in uni (who i still have feelings for) indirectly insulating that i'm autistic because i'm introverted and going to a church will solve your weak social skills :mad::mad::mad:. She's meant to be a christian showing me love but no, she shows me passive aggressiveness because i'm shy.

And people please how can i come out with the habit of not going to church (i know a weird question). I have no interest yet i know i will go at least once a week.

ReputationRep:
    Alice in Wonderland is a lot more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own opinion that's all I'm going to say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    I agreeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Ngl Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    Ngl Agreed
    Then you need Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    religion is like mental training wheels
    except at least training wheels don't give a person reasons to kill people...
    the idea that there is a cosmic space wizard out there who created the universe yet he gives a **** about whether or not a species on a flying rock flying around a ball of fire in the middle nowhere put their genitals into a member of the same sex is not exactly an idea that any logical person would even slightly entertain, in any time period. the inventors of religion truly had no ****ing idea about anything, and it shows. the universe is more massive than we could ever imagine. there are hundreds of *billions* of planets out there, but only *we* are the special life forms? lol he thought the jews were his "chosen people"? or muslims/christians? that is one hilariously optimistic thought considering our universe, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxy1331)
    Then you need Jesus!
    NO. Can you prove he's real? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the idea that there is a cosmic space wizard out there who created the universe yet he gives a **** about whether or not a species on a flying rock flying around a ball of fire in the middle nowhere put their genitals into a member of the same sex is not exactly an idea that any logical person would even slightly entertain, in any time period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    I have been agnostic for a few months now. I just don't understand why people believe in religion - the route of all evil. It's 2017, isn't it time to stop praying to God/Allah/Buddha and start finding ourselves? Why the **** you still believe in it?

My parents can't accept that i'm no longer a christian and neither can a church in my uni city is accepting this well. The Pastor who is the same age as me have refused to co-operate with me and still bothers me hence i still have an unhealthy habit to go to church. I found out God is or not real after doing strong prayers and realisation after smoking strong cannabis. Bare in mind i used to see myself as a strong christian before i lost it and realise it is all fake

The truth (and i'm not even right wing) people should keep religion to themselves. I have had it. God does not exist or he exist but doesn't give a ****. If he actually did exist, my mental health would have vanished a decade ago and the world would be a better place. Just think about it. Just had it with Christians especially with these 'black' Christians (I'm Black too) - they piss me off the most with their 'praise and worship' and 'crazy deliverance'. As someone who believes in spiritualism, a deliverance involves TALKING WITH DEMONS AND CASTING THEM OUT, Not falling down and making noises.

Imagine one christian girl in uni (who i still have feelings for) indirectly insulating that i'm autistic because i'm introverted and going to a church will solve your weak social skills :mad::mad::mad:. She's meant to be a christian showing me love but no, she shows me passive aggressiveness because i'm shy.

And people please how can i come out with the habit of not going to church (i know a weird question). I have no interest yet i know i will go at least once a week.
    The Immaculate Conception, the Resurrection, Jesus transforming water into wine and walking on water, are legit!

You heretic will burn in Hell!
    :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the idea that there is a cosmic space wizard out there who created the universe yet he gives a **** about whether or not a species on a flying rock flying around a ball of fire in the middle nowhere put their genitals into a member of the same sex is not exactly an idea that any logical person would even slightly entertain, in any time period. the inventors of religion truly had no ****ing idea about anything, and it shows. the universe is more massive than we could ever imagine. there are hundreds of *billions* of planets out there, but only *we* are the special life forms? lol he thought the jews were his "chosen people"? or muslims/christians? that is one hilariously optimistic thought considering our universe, isn't it?
    Agreed.Except religion doesn't teach you how to think.It teaches you not to ask questions.Its right there in genesis.Don't eat of the tree of life and knowledge.In other words don't be curious just shut up and do as I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    The Immaculate Conception, the Resurrection, Jesus transforming water into wine and walking on water, are legit!

You heretic will burn in Hell!
    :mob:
    :hand::hand::rolleyes:

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    Agreed.Except religion doesn't teach you how to think.It teaches you not to ask questions.Its right there in genesis.Don't eat of the tree of life and knowledge.In other words don't be curious just shut up and do as I say.
    yeah, basically

people say that the knowledge of good and evil was the thing that caused them to understand what evil was (because in the garden all they knew of was goodness) so, naturally, humans wouldn't want to know what evil is, right?
    well...
    god put that tree right in the middle of the garden of eden
    and the "fruit" of knowledge looked like it tasted good, and there was a ****ing talking snake telling them to eat it (god apparently didn't think pest control through...)
    *and* instead of simply not making such a tree at all, god *did* decide to make it, for some ****ed up reason
    and while some people say "oh it was because god wanted us to have the option of free will, and we can't have free will without knowledge" - does this god really want us to live in a world of horrific misery and pointless suffering just so we have the knowledge of what that suffering is and the free will to *try* and prevent it? I mean, this god is a massive dong, right? I don't know about you. he is truly a fascinatingly stupid deity if these are his choices for his "special species" on this one particular planet. he could have just not made that ****ing tree, or forgiven them for eating from it, but nah, he's a drama queen who wanted to write a ****ing book about it apparently

ReputationRep:
    You should respect their beliefs, even if you don't agree with them. Neither side is 100% right or wrong so making it seem so is silly. Generally, it's best to just leave people to believe what they want to believe: religion is a sensisitive topic and you could start an argument if you're not careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotDetermination)
    You should respect their beliefs, even if you don't agree with them.
    No, I don't have to respect beliefs.

Neither side is 100% right or wrong so making it seem so is silly.
    Christianity is 100% wrong, unless you consider that miracles are equivalent to scientific proofs.

Generally, it's best to just leave people to believe what they want to believe: religion is a sensisitive topic and you could start an argument if you're not careful.
    Religion is a set of beliefs, like political opinions. It's very healthy to challenge them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    No, I don't have to respect beliefs.

Christianity is 100% wrong, unless you consider that miracles are equivalent to scientific proofs.

Religion is a set of beliefs, like political opinions. It's very healthy to challenge them.
    You're one of my favourite users

ReputationRep:
    You should respect their beliefs, even if you don't agree with them. Neither side is 100% right or wrong so making it seem so is silly. Generally, it's best to just leave people to believe what they want to believe: religion is a sensisitive topic and you could start an argument if you're not careful.
    Well the Good thing about me is that i respect everyones beliefs.

I should be more specific - i'm talking about the annoying cultist, religious freaks that bother people in the street, bother people at work etc etc. thinking their 'God' (in different religions) is the right way. I only respect Christians who are not conservative and know their flaws or even are not sure about God.

ReputationRep:
    Try and respect other people's beliefs. I respect atheists.

ReputationRep:
    I think Christianity is absurd in the extreme but I respect it. I respect its ancient traditions the most and I love its art and most of its ethics.

But I still find it colossally silly as a metaphysical system (reincarnation, resurrection, bread turning into whatever, etc - just plainly and obviously superstitions).

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty religion is beneficial in terms of evolutionary terms.

Generally it creates a tight nit community, more healthy living based around moderation and respect for all of those in the hierarchy and larger families. Aka longer life spans and more children to help increase the chance of your own gene pool surviving. Even in the modern western world religious individuals enjoy those advantages.

That said I'm extremely agnostic and nihilist myself and find it about as convincing to real life as harry potter.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.