The Student Room Group

I really need people to reply to this!!

Hello.
I currently take Cerazette.
I have been taking this since September and contemplated getting the implant for some time.
I am aware the implant is the most effective form of contraception for those who are sexually active but I am really good at taking the pill as I used to take the combined for several years, so I don't really mind it, as long as it works.
So. I had bleeding 3 out of 4 weeks of the month (quite heavy) since September, I was fed up but I know they say wait 6 months- a year.
In December the bleeding stopped all together and I was very pleased.
Now, it has started again and mainly after sex.
I have been to the sexual health clinic where they did tests and said there was no infection.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Does Cerazette take a while to settle down?
Does this mean it is not working?
Should I get the implant?
What are your opinions?!
Please please reply as I have noticed not many contraceptive threads gets as many replies now.
i am also on cerazette and have been for about 3 months now. mine hasn't settled down either yet i've have 2 really long periods since i've started taking it. i'm gonna wait a while longer and see if anything changes because it's a pain and i'd rather just have a period once a month rather than not knowing and having super long periods which is inconvenient! with the bleeding after sex thing, is it a lot of blood or just a bit? i had that a few times and i think it was just old blood from where he'd hit my cervix and it had 'leaked' out (sorry for sounding so gross haha) it didn't look like fresh blood so i wasn't too concerned, i'd go see your gp if you're concerned though!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i am also on cerazette and have been for about 3 months now. mine hasn't settled down either yet i've have 2 really long periods since i've started taking it. i'm gonna wait a while longer and see if anything changes because it's a pain and i'd rather just have a period once a month rather than not knowing and having super long periods which is inconvenient! with the bleeding after sex thing, is it a lot of blood or just a bit? i had that a few times and i think it was just old blood from where he'd hit my cervix and it had 'leaked' out (sorry for sounding so gross haha) it didn't look like fresh blood so i wasn't too concerned, i'd go see your gp if you're concerned though!

Thanks for your reply. Mine was like that and has settled down massively but I'd still rather have none than random bleeding or bleeding after sex, so hoping they will stop as most of my friends who take this have and said it did after 6 months. The blood I had at first after sex was quite a lot and I had to wear a pad after it. I went to the doctors about this and the sexual health clinic where I had an examination, they said they aren't concerned as of yet as it has just started to happen since starting the pill, but I still find it a bit worrying. But I have had sex a few times with no bleeding so its a bit strange haha. Hope it all works out for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest