Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I had a Primark interview weeks before Christmas and they replied back by saying they would put me on hold .I was wondering how long would they reply back to me.

ReputationRep:
    They took over a month to get back to me... I'd be applying to other jobs at this point... at this point they'll be calling back all their temps then after that they'll see how many positions they have and call people back then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    They took over a month to get back to me... I'd be applying to other jobs at this point... at this point, they'll be calling back all their temps then after that they'll see how many positions they have and call people back then.

Thanks for your reply I have tried apply for other jobs however I have been unsuccessful. So Primark is my only option for employment and it's been a month now but I don't think Christmas holidays count.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl225)
    Thanks for your reply I have tried apply for other jobs however I have been unsuccessful. So Primark is my only option for employment and it's been a month now but I don't think Christmas holidays count.
    Just continue applying like Jackie said. What happens when and if you don't get the job in the end after all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Just continue applying like Jackie said. What happens when and if you don't get the job in the end after all?
    yhh I know they might not give me the job, however, other companies seem to reject me when I apply to them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl225)
    yhh I know they might not give me the job, however, other companies seem to reject me when I apply to them.
    What happened at the interview; maybe you need to improve your skills?

You can also do some volunteering in a charity shop in the meantime to gain skills and experience, if that is what's stopping you from getting to the interview stage?

ReputationRep:
    Primark Interviews seem to be really easy - often asks the same questions and same method each time - give examples of your skills and customer service skills etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.