Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! :h:
    Just making this thread for any language students that have applied to St Andrew's for languages for 2017 entry. Please reply if you have applied / have an offer! I am curious as to whether they have started giving out offers yet.
    I suggest replying with this:

Course:
    Other unis applied to:
    A level subjects:
    A level predictions:
    GCSE / AS grades:
    Other information:

This is me:

Course: French and Arabic
    Other unis applied to: Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh, Warrick
    A level subjects: French, Maths, Philosophy (Drama to AS)
    A level predictions: A*AA
    GCSE / AS grades: GCSE: 7A*s, 3As. AS: AABC (retaking AS phil)
    Other information: Still waiting on St Andrew's!! Have offers from Warrick (ABB) and Exeter (AAB). Also depending on my A2 grades (if I get what I'm predicted) I'll take a gap yah and reapply to Oxbridge wahoo.

Look forward to hearing from other applicants!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Course: German
    Other unis applied to: Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter
    A-level subjects: English lit, French, German, Latin
    A-level predictions: A*A*A*A
    GCSE/ AS grades: 11A*s / AAA (no English AS)
    Other information: Offers from St. Andrew's (AAB), Warwick (AAB), Nottingham (ABB), Oxford (AAA), Exeter (AAA). I've made St. Andrew's my insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I made a facebook page for St Andrews 2017 applicants because i couldn't find one myself - https://www.facebook.com/groups/314392885624420/ ! Hope you join and get to meet some other fabulous prospective students!

ReputationRep:
    Course: German and Russian
    Other unis applied to: Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Nottingham
    A level subjects: German, English Lit, Biology
    GCSE / AS grades: GCSE: 5A*, 6A, 2B AS: AAAC
    Other information: Rejection from Cambridge, AAB from Glasgow, ABB from Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Scottish student checking in, seems to be an English dominated forum so I'm not sure what the equivalent grades would be but I'm applying for Spanish and French and I've applied to Stirling, Strathclyde, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and of course, St Andrews. Heard back unconditionally from 3, but Edinburgh and St Andrews are living up to their reputations and being late. This year I'm studying Advanced higher Spanish, AH music, AH french and AH english and I'm predicted all A's.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Course: Spanish and Russian and International relations
    A level subjects: I'm Italian so I don't take A levels 😂
    A level predictions: 95/100 points or higher in my final exam
    Other information: applied for Durham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and UCL, haven't heard back from any of them yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsbeccy)
    Hey everyone I made a facebook page for St Andrews 2017 applicants because i couldn't find one myself - https://www.facebook.com/groups/314392885624420/ ! Hope you join and get to meet some other fabulous prospective students!
    The link doesn't seem to work

ReputationRep:
    Course: French, Italian and Russian
    Other unis applied to: Cambridge (rejected before interview), Bristol (conditional), Leicester (unconditional), UCL (conditional), St Andrews (conditional)
    A level subjects: Music, French, Italian and Maths to AS
    GCSE / AS grades: 4A*, 5A, 3B, 1C / AABB
    Other information: St Andrews as FIRM and Bristol as INSURANCE

ReputationRep:
    Course: French and German
    Other unis applied to: Bath (ABB), Exeter (ABB), Nottingham (ABB), waiting on St Andrews and Edinburgh
    A level subjects: French, German, History
    A level predictions: AAB
    Other information: Why does St Andrews take so long?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.