Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    AS i got 212 ums overall:
    C1- 67ums
    C2- 77ums
    S1-68ums

I messed up a whole question on C1, otherwise i was on course for high 80s ums in it. Considering i got an A* at GCSE and a B in gcse further maths, do you think its possible to get to an A? Im resitting c1, when should i start revising for it? Also, im currently getting around 75-80% in c3 papers, however ive done nothing (revision) for c4 and s2 so far. Is it unrealisitc to get an A? Any suggestions of a timetable to alternate the modules im revising would be helpful, at the moment ive just been concentrating on c3 and have neglected all the others. Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing C3 and C4 then you should do much better in C1 or C2 if you were to resit. Anecdotally, I've known a few people who've gone from 70s to 95-100 upon resit.

Try using our study timetable here. Do you include a lot of question practice in your revision and how many hours per week do you spend doing Mathematics?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyson_Fury)
    C1- 67ums
    C2- 77ums
    S1-68ums

I messed up a whole question on C1, otherwise i was on course for high 80s ums in it. Considering i got an A* at GCSE and a B in gcse further maths, do you think its possible to get to an A? Im resitting c1, when should i start revising for it? Also, im currently getting around 75-80% in c3 papers, however ive done nothing (revision) for c4 and s2 so far. Is it unrealisitc to get an A? Any suggestions of a timetable to alternate the modules im revising would be helpful, at the moment ive just been concentrating on c3 and have neglected all the others. Thanks
    You don't really need to revise for C1 as you have gone much further this year. Just do a couple of past papers at the end to remind yourself of the content.

ReputationRep:
    I had A* in maths and A* in further maths, they are easy, so i dont think that would help. as you are going c3 and c4 it would be much more easier for you to do c1 and c2 provided you actually get c3 and c4. It would've helped if you did further maths AS as it makes core seem like piss. I do maths and further maths. got an A and B, hoping to push the B in further maths upto an A. Im taking s3 (it is much easier than s2 or s1 trust me) so it should be doable. Good luck to the both of us .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    If you're doing C3 and C4 then you should do much better in C1 or C2 if you were to resit. Anecdotally, I've known a few people who've gone from 70s to 95-100 upon resit.

Try using our study timetable here. Do you include a lot of question practice in your revision and how many hours per week do you spend doing Mathematics?
    Ive finished going through c3 content, so for c3 my revision is all past papers. Ive done about 10 so far over 2 weeks and a bit, so ive been averaging about 4 hours of just c3 revision a week. As theres still about 20 more papers as well as soloman papers and gold/silver/bronze papers im not sure how i should continue doing c3 papers whilst also starting revision for c4 in preparation of being able to start papers. Do you have any advice on how much time i should be spending on revising c4 as well as continuing c3 papers per week, or what order to go about it in. Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    You don't really need to revise for C1 as you have gone much further this year. Just do a couple of past papers at the end to remind yourself of the content.
    How about c4 and s2, whats the best way to collectively revise them as well as continuing papers for c3? Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    Also, im only retaking c1, so if its realistic to assume i get 90 ums in it, that leaves me with 235ums. Is it then realistic to get the remaining 245 ums from my a2 modules, bearing in mind ill need to average around 82ums per module?

ReputationRep:
    C1- 67ums
    C2- 77ums
    S1-68ums

Start 'revising' now.
    I went from a low B to a v v v high A*(not as flawless as I wanted tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samendra)
    I had A* in maths and A* in further maths, they are easy, so i dont think that would help. as you are going c3 and c4 it would be much more easier for you to do c1 and c2 provided you actually get c3 and c4. It would've helped if you did further maths AS as it makes core seem like piss. I do maths and further maths. got an A and B, hoping to push the B in further maths upto an A. Im taking s3 (it is much easier than s2 or s1 trust me) so it should be doable. Good luck to the both of us .
    exam board sorry? I'm guessing WJEC/CCEA?

ReputationRep:
    Also, im only retaking c1, so if its realistic to assume i get 90 ums in it, that leaves me with 235ums. Is it then realistic to get the remaining 245 ums from my a2 modules, bearing in mind ill need to average around 82ums per module?
    Your school really is mad if they're making you do S2. More appropriate module would be M1. Or D1 depending on exam board.

M1 is truly brilliant (feels like I did no revision lol)

I just started S2 this week. Uniform distribution is okay. But i think normal distribution will be v difficult.
    Students should come to the conclusion that C4 is less difficult than C3. Mostly methodological calculus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Your school really is mad if they're making you do S2. More appropriate module would be M1. Or D1 depending on exam board.

M1 is truly brilliant (feels like I did no revision lol)

I just started S2 this week. Uniform distribution is okay. But i think normal distribution will be v difficult.
    Students should come to the conclusion that C4 is less difficult than C3. Mostly methodological calculus.
    No S2 is way better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    No S2 is way better
    You're joking right? Students might find it straightforward however it's not engaging. Most people develop interest in mechanics

ReputationRep:
    You're joking right? Students might find it straightforward however it's not engaging. Most people develop interest in mechanics
    Other way around for people in our school. Mechanics is boring as hell.

ReputationRep:
    exam board sorry? I'm guessing WJEC/CCEA?
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Start 'revising' now.
    I went from a low B to a v v v high A*(not as flawless as I wanted tho)
    Thats amazing, seriously good job! Can i ask how u went about revising and doing papers? Like your weekly timetable and whatnot. Ive only revised about 2 chapters of c4 and 2 chapters of s2 so far, so i cant start papers. C3 as i mentioned earlier ive covered all the content and im in the process of doing papers.
    Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel
    Why do S3 when you can do M1,M2,D1,D2???
    Unit 3 moduleeee

ReputationRep:
    Thats amazing, seriously good job! Can i ask how u went about revising and doing papers? Like your weekly timetable and whatnot. Ive only revised about 2 chapters of c4 and 2 chapters of s2 so far, so i cant start papers. C3 as i mentioned earlier ive covered all the content and im in the process of doing papers.
    Thanks for your reply
    Well - what exam board are you taking?
    If you're in the C3 practice process that's brilliant.
    Everyone is different. Personally don't bother with a revision timetable. Revise when it suits you and make sure it's productive/efficient/intense.

Speed is key.
    Make no mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Why do S3 when you can do M1,M2,D1,D2???
    Unit 3 moduleeee
    I did m1 and d1, i do m2 and not d2 as its soo boring. s3 is kinda fun cos its that easy really if u have a choice between d2 and s3 choose s3 you wont be disspointed.

ReputationRep:
    I did m1 and d1, i do m2 and not d2 as its soo boring. s3 is kinda fun cos its that easy really if u have a choice between d2 and s3 choose s3 you wont be disspointed.
    ...No FP3 I guess. WJEC

ReputationRep:
    ...No FP3 I guess. WJEC
    FP3 is too hard, fp2 is hard enough as it is. I know some people find it easy but i cant lmaoo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.