Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So at a Christmas party my uncle said to my sister, why did your dad phone and say "your the only one left for me" "I'm going to give the us to you" which caused my other uncle to be angry with me.

He's also done this so many times when people have come over.

When I was young he used to tell me to don't go out, don't make friends because you're going to get married anyway.

He even tells me now not to talk to women.

I've helped him the most when he had his finger chopped off at work accidentally, when he fell on his back, which he did not go to work for 6 months and when he was out of work and I'm helping out everything with him, even for money in the future and keeping companionship with him.

My dad is still working btw.

He has paid the 70% of my first and second year OU degree-fee's are 5.5k (I'm getting SFE funcing for the last year). Which I'm very grateful for.

I don't see why he has to resent it(if this is what he resents) and my younger sister is doing well in her career ahead of me at the moment.

I meant give the house* to my sister.

Bump

Bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to decipher wth that first paragraph means but I honestly don't get it.

(Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    I'm trying to decipher wth that first paragraph means but I honestly don't get it.
    My father said to my uncle on the phone "my sister is the only one left for me" "I'm going to give the house to her".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Was trying to do the same thing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My father said to my uncle on the phone "my sister is the only one left for me" "I'm going to give the house to her".
    Ah, now it makes sense.

Though I feel like there's not enough info for me to be able to comment, you've only told us the story from your point of view, making your dad out to be unfair, but you've given no reason as to why he might've possibly said that. He probably shouldn't be saying it in front of people though, certainly something that could and should be done in private in my opinion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.