The Student Room Group

Fitness Thread (MILITARY WANNABES ONLY)

Ok, couldn't find the old thread so decided to start afresh. This thread is for MILITARY WANNABES ONLY all others please use the Fitness Discussion Forum. No spam, no rude comments and certainly no bragging :rolleyes:

Post your times and reps here to keep you motivated.

Bleep test available for download HERE

Sex:
Bleep Test Level:
Sit Ups 1 Min:
Press Ups 1 Min:
Sit Ups 2 Min:
Press Ups 2 Min:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why is there a 2 minute score????
Reply 2
There's a two minute score because in the first week of IOT you do a 1.5mile run and 2 mins of sit-ups and press-ups.
Reply 3
Isis07
There's a two minute score because in the first week of IOT you do a 1.5mile run and 2 mins of sit-ups and press-ups.

..and it's also the format of the Personal Fitness Assesment that Army personnel have to do every year.
Reply 4
Sex: Male
1.5 Mile Time: 8.47
Bleep Test Level: 11 (not happy)
Sit Ups 1 Min: 40
Press Ups 1 Min: 47
Sit Ups 2 Min: Not tried yet
Press Ups 2 Min: Not tried yet

Starting on my crazy running/gym training next week when my foots better!
Reply 5
This was me two years ago with a few months training.

1.5 Mile Time: 9:30
Sit Ups 2 Min: 67
Press Ups 2 Min: 62
Reply 6
i'm beginning to wonder where some of you get the accuracy of your 1.5 mile runs.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Great find IAS!! I normally recce running routes in my car first, but that site is brilliant for places the car cant go. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Dagowly
i'm beginning to wonder where some of you get the accuracy of your 1.5 mile runs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - either some people have very inaccurate times/distances for this or half of the student rooms users should be in competitive runs
Isis07
I'm glad I'm not the only one - either some people have very inaccurate times/distances for this or half of the student rooms users should be in competitive runs

I too were thinking the same thing :p:
Reply 11
I just assumed I was dramatically unfit ...
Reply 12
Whats wrong with 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes? i would have said that was a good benchmark.
Theo1977
I just assumed I was dramatically unfit ...

Lol..Well that as well..it gives me more of an incentive to keep getting my time down..still good for you if you can do it in a good time, although like it has been said before perhaps there is wasted talent here!! :biggrin:
Reply 14
1.5 mile run: 9.34
Bleep test: 12.7
Sit ups one minute:41
Press ups one minute:25
Reply 15
Dagowly

Colerne airfield, on TAFS 1 weekend with TA.

Isis07

BFT scores at Lympstone, most recruits get 9:30 and this is done in boots. Going under 9 mins is not unusual either.
Height: 6ft 2in
Weight: 14st 4lbs
1.5 mile run: 9.01
Bleep test: 12.8
Sit ups one minute:49
Press ups one minute:56
Reply 17
Blasted
Whats wrong with 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes? i would have said that was a good benchmark.

No-one said anything was wrong with it - but it's unlikely with a only couple of months of training, and someone said they were unhappy with their scores when they had a sub 10 minute 1.5 mile. Basically the older (sorry folks if you aren't but I know at least a few of us fit in that category) possibly-more-honest-with-themselves contingent on the board just wonder if these posters are being entirely honest with themselves and us - because times like those with minimal training are fairly unusual.

If you go to IOT (or any training) shouting about your 9 minute mile and a half and then do it in 10.15 (for example) then there will be trouble. Whereas I'm slow, my mile and a half (which isn't accurately measured or timed) i would guess to be around 12 mins at my absolute ballsout fastest (and that's pressuming I don't need to breath let alone move after) and more generally around the 15 mark. If I go and hit 12 I'll be pleased, if I hit 11.30 (perhaps possible with a bit more training before IOT and the adrenaline rush) I'll be absolutely amazed and really happy. Once I'm through IOT I'm sure the PTI's will get this even lower.

I've sort of gone off topic but my point is rather if your time is that low -well done - what's your secret? But if it isn't there's nothing to be gained by lying on this forum.
Reply 18
I am feeling a hint of jelousy within the forum!! So what if people get under 10 minutes, good on 'em, it doesn't suprise me either, christ if I can get mine down to 12 i'm sure some fit blokes could get theres well below 10!! Maybe people should stop worrying about what others are doing and concentrate on getting there personal best. Clearly this thread isn't having the desired motivational effect that it was designed for, for everyone. All any of us can do is our best.
Reply 19
Anyway s'pose its only right I put mine on now:

Sex:Female
1.5 Mile Time:12.11
Bleep Test Level: Haven't done yet
Sit Ups 1 Min:53
Press Ups 1 Min:15

Have come to a bit of a grinding halt but am trying interval training to see if i can get my 1.5 mile run lower, i hear it gets results! Anyone got any experience with this??

Quick Reply

Latest