Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which piercings do you have and want to get? Watch

• Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Which piercings do you have and which do you want to get? And did it hurt?!

Is there anything to think about before having some piercings e.g the 18+ rules or whether you can have them at school/uni/work?

I've only got my ears pierced in the convential way, not even got my seconds pierced. I'd love to get something a bit different done but I'm scared it will hurt and/or won't suit me
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Which piercings do you have and which do you want to get? And did it hurt?!

Is there anything to think about before having some piercings e.g the 18+ rules or whether you can have them at school/uni/work?

I've only got my ears pierced in the convential way, not even got my seconds pierced. I'd love to get something a bit different done but I'm scared it will hurt and/or won't suit me
    I've only got the one ear piercing and since i never bother putting ear rings in, I wouldnt bother with getting any others.

ReputationRep:
    I also have the conventional piercings and got them when i was a baby so no clue how much they hurt. It's kind of funny though how i can go as long as i want without wearing earrings, and they never close up.
    For some reason a double helix on just my left ear tickles my fancy, why exactly I have no clue xD.

Can't say from experience but it is safe to say there is still some stigma to piercings that are different to anything "normal". Depending what kind of interview you're going to, it's probably a good idea to make sure you are able to remove them by then; though some interviewers won't bat an eyelid. Again, depends how formal the place is and if it would "hurt their public image".
    You'd probably want to remove them for a university interview, but maybe they'd be a bit more lenient then an actual job?

You can try wearing clip-ons to see if you like the look of where you'd might like it pierced! As for the pain, a lot of people say it's not that bad, i think it's the healing that's more of a bother. If you really like the look of it though it should be worth it. :P
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few piercings At the moment I have my right ear stretched to 10mm and my left nostril pierced. I used to have my lip pierced on the bottom right side as well, but took that out a few years ago. Also had a couple more lobe piercings, but they didn't last very long after being pierced because of allergies so they got very sore and I just took them out.

I'm thinking of taking out the tunnel in my ear and getting the other ear pierced so I can wear normal earrings, and getting my lobes pierced for a second time as well. I'd also like a couple of cartilage piercings. I did recently toy with the idea of getting my septum pierced just to see what it looked like, but I wouldn't be able to breathe with all that jewellery in my nose because it's so tiny :laugh:

The nose one hurt quite a bit, but not for too long. It hurt more than both of my tattoos actually. The rest didn't really hurt though. The lip was probably the easiest of them all
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have my left helix pierced. I love lip piercings but I'm way too old now.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have first and second lobes on both ears pierced. I also had my belly button pierced recently. I love them all.

ReputationRep:
    I have first and seconds on both of my lobes, as well as my cartilage in my left ear. Planning on getting my tragus done on my right ear to even it out soon. The pain was momentary and I wouldn't base your decision on whether you get a piercing on not on pain - maybe go with a friend and get one done together, then you're in the same boat?
    It all depends on what you get done, but ear piercings in general aren't too bad, the one I could never get is a tongue piercing, cringes me out just at the thought of it :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    My ears & nose. Getting an eyebrow piercing has crossed my mind but can't really decide if it would look right on me.

ReputationRep:
    Five lobes, helix and tragus. I want more helix ones though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've had firsts on both of my lobes done when I was a baby. A couple years ago I got my left helix done. Took absolutely forever to heal! Thinking of getting my left nostril done and maybe a tragus one too, though I've heard a lot of stories about them being done wrong and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    I've got my septum pierced, but it's almost always flipped up

ReputationRep:
    I have two in each ear lobe, tragus, rook and helix. oh also my belly button. I'd never worry about them for interviews/ work ect. I got them all done when I was 14, but not all at the same time. The school I was at then was relatively new so their uniform policy wasn't that comprehensive but a year after I got them done they changed it so that only one pair of earring were allowed. I occasionally got told off but didn't take them out.

ReputationRep:
    I have a daith piercing - which I love! I would like to get my tragus pierced on the other ear.

ReputationRep:
    Left ear-first and second lobes, daith, conch, helix, forward helix.

Right ear-first and second lobes, conch, outer conch, tragus, rook.

Retired- nose, nipple, neck microdermal and various other ear piercings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Want my nose done, persuaded dad but working on my mum! How much does getting it done hurt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily237)
    I have a daith piercing - which I love! I would like to get my tragus pierced on the other ear.
    Daith...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Daith...?
    It's a piercing through the innermost cartilage of your ear. I had it pierced with a simple gold niobium captive bead ring but hope to upgrade it to something prettier in a year or so!

ReputationRep:
    I've got 10 at the minute. First and second lobes, and helix and tragus on my left ear. Three lobe ones on my right ear. Right nostril, belly button and left nipple.
    Pain; (out of 10)
    Lobes - 1
    Tragus - 2 (healing was the annoying part)
    Helix - 5
    Belly button - 7/8 (because the girl wasn't the most bothered or professional)
    Nipple - 3
    Nostril - 5 (only because I have horrible ENT issues so hurt more than what it will for the average person)
    Want to get: right nipple(maybe), tongue web, tongue, industrial, more helix's

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 x lobes in each ear, conch, forward helix, and two regular helix .... that's it. Thought about getting a rook but my ears are pretty small and it would look too crowded. Never had any desire for facial piercings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.