Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mother called me fat! Watch

• Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My mother used to speak about a girl and asked to show her fb pictures.
    I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
    This is too much because I go to classes on Sundays.
    In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    x
    I'm confused; is your mother saying you're fat or your friend is fat?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Both, I think.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    Both, I think.
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Good question

She said that girl is very fat and i am better which means it is indirectly said that i am fat...and she agreed by saying i am the fat person in our house!

ReputationRep:
    All the problems in the world and you're complaining about your mother, which maybe is or not, calling you fat. Get over it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Good question

She said that girl is very fat and i am better which means it is indirectly said that i am fat...and she agreed by saying i am the fat person in our house!
    But she considers being fat bad. If you're better, then you're less bad, thus you ought to be less fat than the person she was commenting on.

Sounds like your boyfriends mother is a pain in the as$ btw.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReallyWigga)
    All the problems in the world and you're complaining about your mother, which maybe is or not, calling you fat. Get over it lol.
    I cannot think about getting slim at the same time of battling with life to get a degree..wont my mother understand? i terribly hate her.... she is calling me ft everyday..saying "you cannot do a work, see yourself, you are fat!" i cannot take these..would you be able to cope up in such a situation?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    But she considers being fat bad. If you're better, then you're less bad, thus you ought to be less fat than the person she was commenting on.

Sounds like your boyfriends mother is a pain in the as$ btw.

I cannot think about getting slim at the same time of battling with life to get a degree..wont my mother understand? i terribly hate her.... she is calling me ft everyday..saying "you cannot do a work, see yourself, you are fat!" i cannot take these..would you be able to cope up in such a situation?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    When fat people die and get buried, their fat turns into a waxy substance and slows down decay and it takes far longer than a thinner person.

If you are fat, you should opt for cremation.
    if you do not mind can you repeat what you typed so i can understand more clearly.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Fat people last longer under the ground.
    Are you offending me as well?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    My mother used to speak about a girl and asked to show her fb pictures.
    I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
    This is too much because I go to classes on Sundays.
    In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]
    My parents call me fat all the time...
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    My parents call me fat all the time...
    I hate it!
    I decided to call the slimming center tomorrow and go and get slim..VLCC slimming natural ayurvedic
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My mum does the same
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I hate it!
    I decided to call the slimming center tomorrow and go and get slim..VLCC slimming natural ayurvedic
    Ohh, don't change just because of that comment. Only change if you actually want to on your own will.
    I'm going to start exercising more hopefully.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lose weight if you don't want to be called fat then...
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Ohh, don't change just because of that comment. Only change if you actually want to on your own will.
    I'm going to start exercising more hopefully.
    I did exercise once..it worked for me but not long...my weight did not go down..
    i decided myself to stop all this drama around me at home :sadnod:
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Lose weight if you don't want to be called fat then...
    have you ever been fat?
    no, i don't think so..cos you don't seem to understand the pain.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    My mum does the same
    is this part of all mothers character...
    its like bully..i began to hate my mother after she said that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    You have proved her wrong tbh by being able to do the work despite what she thinks of your body. I know you said that you are busy alot of the days and this is a suggestion a change in diet may help and also a quick 20 mins bodyweight exercises before you leave for work may help.

Spoiler:
    Show
    anyways hi again if you remember me from years ago :lol::erm:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I did exercise once..it worked for me but not long...my weight did not go down..
    i decided myself to stop all this drama around me at home :sadnod:
    I understand what your going through. You can make a difference if you really want to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.