Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    My mother used to speak about a girl and asked to show her fb pictures.
    I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
    This is too much because I go to classes on Sundays.
    In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]
    don't be fat. problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDMrBPI8zW4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    good question..i love my mother but got angry when she told that...i asked sorry yesterday as well
    I'm not quite sure if i will be happy if i stay with the mother-in-law..but i will manage and see if my bf wants to say there..if i feel uncomfortable i will ask both my bf and i to move to a separate house to live in..we need to buy a house . therefore, till then i have to manage i'm speaking all my future dreams
    It's good that you apologised to your mum, but your bf seems to be a mummy's boy there are many people in our community who can't say no to their mum. Make sure to know what you are doing because I have seen many cases in our community where the mother in law ruins the marriage and ruin the girl's life , be 100% that you can manage the mum after marriage as you know that in our community it is very hard for a girl to get remarried in case where a divorce occurs . I will tell you my own story my friend also married a doctor , but his mum was so jealous of my cousin because she's very pretty that she made them divorce now my friend had an arranged marriage with a guy from Sri Lanka , now she has a baby but she is very unhappy because he is not educated and the second husband has some drinking problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I hate it!
    I decided to call the slimming center tomorrow and go and get slim..VLCC slimming natural ayurvedic
    Ayurveda is an ancient indian medicine with no basis in science. Sorry, but the only way you are going to lose weight is by eating fewer calories than you use up. So, eat less and, if you want to get fit and accelerate the process, exercise more. No way around it. And definitely not with some stupid, anti-scientific Ayurveda "potion" brewed by some silly voodoo witch doctor with no idea how the human body works. There are no free rides or magical fixes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    i have tried this but get tired while working as i go to the school internship and then the office...i will do my best sure
    What did you say you've tried?

ReputationRep:
    LOL my mother calls my sister fat, it's pretty funny honestly, just learn to ignore it, people are gonna give you hate whenever just play it off and even accept it as a joke or something. And you can lose weight lol I'm at uni with 30+ contact hours and I still manage to go to the gym 5x a week and have a good diet, for a girl it's even easier to lose weight as you just need to run and eat at a deficit. Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    **** everything, sometimes people can eat as healthy as possible n exercise and it doesn't do anything. honestly, ur just as pretty as someone who is skinny and having more fat than another person does not make u less attractive wtf??? ur incredible n so is ur body, **** ur mum ur working so hard and she isn't seeing that. keep going man u should be proud of urself too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
    In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]
    She's probably called you fat because you are. The only person who will most likely tell you the truth is her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)

err, so lose some weight lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    thank you so much friend! u make me feel better 1000 times. i never talk about weigh..she brings the weight topic from nowhere and i get pissed of as i feel she does not understand what i am going through and that education should be the top priority..she keeps talking about marriage which i dont want..i told her i have a bf and she says she wont let me with him..that is all making me lock myself in the bedroom where i do the assignments on my laptop, listen to music on my earphone and then sleep..i explained my mother but she never accepts what i have to say

it must be really stressful so the least we can do is talk about it Xxxxx
    Like I said stay strong ~ it takes more strength to remain calm and composed than it does to burst out in anger without thinking. I think you are a strong person for dealing with this so well <3
    Also, you are the one that is to decide if you want to stay with your bf or not, not your mum. As much as she does have significance in your life, I don`t think it`s right for her to boss you around in your relationships - or pressure you into marriage
    For now keep education as your top priority because that is what will get you a good job that can support you and a better life long term. If your mum wants you to get married, try to stay strong as it is your life and not hers. Does she have anyone in particular in mind for you to marry or is she just saying you should go ahead and marry someone you like?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mimi9335)
    it must be really stressful so the least we can do is talk about it Xxxxx
    Like I said stay strong ~ it takes more strength to remain calm and composed than it does to burst out in anger without thinking. I think you are a strong person for dealing with this so well <3
    Also, you are the one that is to decide if you want to stay with your bf or not, not your mum. As much as she does have significance in your life, I don`t think it`s right for her to boss you around in your relationships - or pressure you into marriage
    For now keep education as your top priority because that is what will get you a good job that can support you and a better life long term. If your mum wants you to get married, try to stay strong as it is your life and not hers. Does she have anyone in particular in mind for you to marry or is she just saying you should go ahead and marry someone you like?
    At first she knew I love my bf..she had asked his mother as well but his mom did not respond well..she said i need to get a degree to marry her son. Now my mother is like marry someone who proposes me as in arranged marriage

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.