Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    My school sixth form offers you the choice of doing IB or three a levels. I'm in year 11 and need to make a decision soon, but I don't know what to choose

For a level, could I get away with doing chemistry, biology, psychology and core maths? Or should I take maths instead of psychology?

For IB, I was thinking of doing HL chemistry, biology and psychology, and SL Spanish, English and maths studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece-of-cake)
    Hi everyone!
    My school sixth form offers you the choice of doing IB or three a levels. I'm in year 11 and need to make a decision soon, but I don't know what to choose

For a level, could I get away with doing chemistry, biology, psychology and core maths? Or should I take maths instead of psychology?

For IB, I was thinking of doing HL chemistry, biology and psychology, and SL Spanish, English and maths studies
    I have the same problem as you right now, I'm not sure if I should do A levels or IB, but I'm leaning more towards A levels. I know that in A levels there's less of a workload than in IB so you have more time to concentrate on the subjects required for medicine whereas in the IB you have 6 subjects + Theory of Knowledge, CAS and EE which makes you have less time to concentrate on the subjects you need for medicine. Also, if you're good at maths I would say that for A levels, math would be better than psychology since there is a math section in the BMAT and UKCAT.
    I think that IB is better if you're not sure what you want to study at uni or want to have more course options whereas A levels are better if you are sure of what you want to study.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.