Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the Korean Studies course that Sheffield offers through UCAS and I chose deferred entry as I want to spend a year gaining confidence and independence by volunteering and working. I was given a conditional offer by them and they are my first choice.
    But now I'm just getting all confused about what I need to do next year when re-applying. What if I don't meet the grades on my offer for this year? Do I accept the offer when I've heard back from the other Uni's I've applied to even though I'm not going this year? I just need someone to explain it all for me because I'm reading up about it and different posts say different things.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memesol)
    I applied for the Korean Studies course that Sheffield offers through UCAS and I chose deferred entry as I want to spend a year gaining confidence and independence by volunteering and working. I was given a conditional offer by them and they are my first choice.
    But now I'm just getting all confused about what I need to do next year when re-applying. What if I don't meet the grades on my offer for this year? Do I accept the offer when I've heard back from the other Uni's I've applied to even though I'm not going this year? I just need someone to explain it all for me because I'm reading up about it and different posts say different things.
    If you're applying for deferred entry and you get an offer, you need to accept the offer by replying through UCAS. The deadline for this depends when you get all your uni replies back - the earliest is May, but it will be later if you get late replies. Then once you've accepted the offer that's it - there's no need to reapply because you've got your offer already!

If you don't meet the offer on results day then the uni may be willing to accept you anyway. If so, they will tell you. If not, then you can reapply but they probably won't accept you unless anything changes (ie you resit your A Levels) because if they were willing to accept you they would already have done so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you're applying for deferred entry and you get an offer, you need to accept the offer by replying through UCAS. The deadline for this depends when you get all your uni replies back - the earliest is May, but it will be later if you get late replies. Then once you've accepted the offer that's it - there's no need to reapply because you've got your offer already!

If you don't meet the offer on results day then the uni may be willing to accept you anyway. If so, they will tell you. If not, then you can reapply but they probably won't accept you unless anything changes (ie you resit your A Levels) because if they were willing to accept you they would already have done so.
    Thank you! This has cleared it up for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.