Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'd like to know if I could get financing for the first year of university.

    So many uni's absolutely will not accept you into the second year. Period. You MUST do the first year even if you're way overqualified.

    I already got burned once before applying to westminister, because they expected me to pay the £9,000 upfront. My loan got declined as I already had completed a level four course, and the first year in a lot of uni's is a level four.

    Is there anyway for me to do the first year in uni if it's a level four? I did my HNC at college, but I took out a loan for roughly 5.5k for it. It's a level four.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi RadikilRAM

    If your HNC was only for 1 year, you will be able to get funding to top up this qualification. So if you wanted to do a 3 year degree for example, we could award funding for all years of this.

    If you want to do a single course at the same level we would not be able to fund this.


University open days

  • Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.