Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    It's a weird feeling really. I doubt I'll miss the people that much and I'm excited to make more friends at uni with a clean slate - for various reasons I kinda ended up in a group with people I didn't choose and tbh I don't like them that much. Also my school isn't very academic so nobody really gets me. Plus they all go out clubbing and I can't because I'm 17. I'm looking forward to the Cambridge environment where there will be more people like me.

But at the same time I am leaving somewhere I've been for seven years so it might be a bit sad. I just think I'm ready to move on
    I'm similar with the clubbing, except I'm 18 but I don't want to go out clubbing. There's a plan for loads of my year to go out after our prom and i literally sat there and went "But prom doesnt finish until 11pm". Nobody really gets me but i guess it's the familiarity of it all.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I'm similar with the clubbing, except I'm 18 but I don't want to go out clubbing. There's a plan for loads of my year to go out after our prom and i literally sat there and went "But prom doesnt finish until 11pm". Nobody really gets me but i guess it's the familiarity of it all.
    Same! I don't really see the appeal of clubbing as well... but many people in my school do. After prom in my school, there's a prom after party at a club where people just go crazy. Then there's me who might not even go to prom :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remember that everybody else at Cambridge/whatever other university you end up at will be in the same boat and everybody will be trying their hardest to make friends. Loads of us have been in the same boat as you lot and it works out fine.

Even if loads of your friends up going to the same university together, they (mostly) end up drifting apart and forming new friends and barely see each other (uni is big), so there's no need to worry about seeing your friends from school still together whilst you're 'alone'. Chances are you'll be too busy making your own friends to worry overly much about that once you get going anyway.

[Although, what is a little frustrating is seeing all your friends off as they leave to uni in September whilst you're stuck waiting till October to leave]

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show

In an alternate universe where I didn't screw my AS exams up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Remember that everybody else at Cambridge/whatever other university you end up at will be in the same boat and everybody will be trying their hardest to make friends. Loads of us have been in the same boat as you lot and it works out fine.
    I respectfully disagree with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Same! I don't really see the appeal of clubbing as well... but many people in my school do. After prom in my school, there's a prom after party at a club where people just go crazy. Then there's me who might not even go to prom :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to prom because it's free for those of us who have paid our enrolment fee already this year, but I'm debating going to the pub the following night. I don't want to go clubbing but still fancy the idea of going out to get smashed after my exams 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)

Even if loads of your friends up going to the same university together, they (mostly) end up drifting apart and forming new friends and barely see each other (uni is big), so there's no need to worry about seeing your friends from school still together whilst you're 'alone'. Chances are you'll be too busy making your own friends to worry overly much about that once you get going anyway.

[Although, what is a little frustrating is seeing all your friends off as they leave to uni in September whilst you're stuck waiting till October to leave]
    That's fair enough about them drifting but some of them are living really close together (they've had accommodation allocated already and some are in the same building) and are doing the same course. And the two girls going to Southampton together are in the same building too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread has gone very quiet. Has it moved to another one somewhere ?

If not, anyone thinking they can't pull this off ? (ie. getting the necessary grades). I go through peaks and troughs of 'yes I can do this/no I'm firmly on my way to my insurance'. Currently I'm in a trough.

I read a tweet the other day .. if AS levels are like playing COD then A2s are like being dropped into Afghanistan.

I'm feeling this. Good luck all x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)

If not, anyone thinking they can't pull this off ? (ie. getting the necessary grades). I go through peaks and troughs of 'yes I can do this/no I'm firmly on my way to my insurance'. Currently I'm in a trough.

I read a tweet the other day .. if AS levels are like playing COD then A2s are like being dropped into Afghanistan.

Yes. My further maths mocks cane back and I ****ed up FP2 pretty bad (got 55/72, literally forgot how do a whole chapter of the module) and I keep messing up past papers in really easy places (90-70 isn't 70, who'd've thunk it?) so I don't know if that will go well, and Physics I've always skated the line between A* and A so that will depend on the day of the tests.

ReputationRep:

Yes I've hit a big trough recently... really bad timing too with my first exams next week
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

I agree with what you say about the comparison between AS/A2. Currently in a peak in terms of grades but in a trough confidence wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Hahaha that's a good goal I guess (definitely special :lol:)

Funnily enough, I firmed St Andrews and the exact reason is London does not appeal to me (my sister is going to UCL though so my parents are kinda miffed I didn't choose the same uni)

Yeah they are, then it's graduation which I am definitely looking forward to it! thank you!
    ...and it's over!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Currently in a peak in terms of grades but in a trough confidence wise.
    That's fine then

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this sounds really arrogant but I feel like I've peaked too early and now I'm really fed up of revising. Yet I'm also worried that I've missed something and feel guilty for not working. Does anyone else feel like this?

I just miss working towards something, learning new things and seeing genuine improvement rather than being stuck on a plateau faced with the single incredibly boring task of maintaining it for the next month before my exams actually start...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this sounds really arrogant but I feel like I've peaked too early and now I'm really fed up of revising. Yet I'm also worried that I've missed something and feel guilty for not working. Does anyone else feel like this?

I just miss working towards something, learning new things and seeing genuine improvement rather than being stuck on a plateau faced with the single incredibly boring task of maintaining it for the next month before my exams actually start...
    I think that's one of the reasons why I'm against revising too early. I think it's utterly pointless revising for hours, months before the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    I think that's one of the reasons why I'm against revising too early. I think it's utterly pointless revising for hours, months before the exams.
    Definitely, I think I overestimated how much I had to cover. I also forgot to take into account that A2s are a month later than ASs were last year. Doh 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, I think I overestimated how much I had to cover. I also forgot to take into account that A2s are a month later than ASs were last year. Doh 🙈
    Also it's not like you'll remember anything you've revised back in March. I think if you've worked consistently well through the year, a week or two worth of past papers is enough to get you back to speed.

Also, how's the blog going?

ReputationRep:

I'm kind of feeling the same - I've suddenly started getting into the 80s percentage wise on papers and i'm worried it's going to be hard to maintain it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Also it's not like you'll remember anything you've revised back in March. I think if you've worked consistently well through the year, a week or two worth of past papers is enough to get you back to speed.

Also, how's the blog going?
    It's going well thanks! I've only done three posts so far - one on the AA, one on interviews and one on college choices. I feel like I'm a bit biased though, I don't have any experience of the other languages in AMES so I can only talk about Japanese 😂

ReputationRep:
    It's going well thanks! I've only done three posts so far - one on the AA, one on interviews and one on college choices. I feel like I'm a bit biased though, I don't have any experience of the other languages in AMES so I can only talk about Japanese 😂
    That's fine tho, you're targeting a niche group of people who'll find it helpful. I need to stop procrastinating and start filming my vlog :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.