Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You guys (NeverLucky and Steliata) make me want to do something interestin hahahaha
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Infested)
    ...and it's over!
    Yes I am I am actually relieved but kind of emotionally drained hahaha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Yes I am I am actually relieved but kind of emotionally drained hahaha
    Why do they set IB exams so early?! Now you've got a month of extra paaaarty time
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Doonesbury)
    Why do they set IB exams so early?! Now you've got a month of extra paaaarty time
    Honestly, I have no idea. Advanced Placements in the USA are about the same time as well.

That's the thing though, I had a moment after my last exam where I was like: I don't know what I am going to do with my life anymore :lol: My last two years have been spent on something that is finally done! I've never liked partying much so probably going to try and figure out something xD
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a motivational speech or just... I don't know. I feel like a muted colour. My grades are okay, I even got 69/70 for my last English Language mock exam and it was very similar to the real thing. I know my History content, though not all but I am getting there. My teachers say I am "on the right track" so take from that what you will. My last Paper 2 English Lit stuff was 15/15 etc. But Paper 1 English Lit is getting me down (we have to do 1 hamlet unseen close analysis, and compare 2 books which are widely different to one another). Argh! Sorry, I needed a place to rant. I'm a bit grumpy as I've had a very bad cold and congestion since Monday which has meant lack of sleep and soreness.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Can someone give me a motivational speech or just... I don't know. I feel like a muted colour. My grades are okay, I even got 69/70 for my last English Language mock exam and it was very similar to the real thing. I know my History content, though not all but I am getting there. My teachers say I am "on the right track" so take from that what you will. My last Paper 2 English Lit stuff was 15/15 etc. But Paper 2 English Lit is getting me down (we have to do 1 hamlet unseen close analysis, and compare 2 books which are widely different to one another). Argh! Sorry, I needed a place to rant. I'm a bit grumpy as I've had a very bad cold and congestion since Monday which has meant lack of sleep and soreness.
    You can do it remember it will all be worth it in a few months time when you have confirmed your offer to the university of your dreams! Stay positive and you will do great! You are definitely on the right track! Trust your teachers and trust yourself. BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE!!!!

I went through this phase and I am all done now it will be over soon! and it will be somewhat rewarding! Hope you get well soon :hugs: and it's ok to rant we all need to express our frustrations because keeping them inside us isn't healthy at all!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a muted colour.
    That is a very apt way of describing exam season. Muted colours all round!

I get what you mean about the "on track" confusion though. Does it mean we're there? Does it mean we have to keep working as we are now to get there? Is it a nicer way of saying get a move on?

Not sure I can offer much consolation really, but I can assure you we're all in the same boat 🚢
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Steliata)
    That is a very apt way of describing exam season. Muted colours all round!

I get what you mean about the "on track" confusion though. Does it mean we're there? Does it mean we have to keep working as we are now to get there? Is it a nicer way of saying get a move on?

Not sure I can offer much consolation really, but I can assure you we're all in the same boat 🚢
    It means that you are getting there and can do great! it is a teacher's way to say that you are progressing well in revision and will be ready by the time the exams come along! Trust in yourself and you will be great

ReputationRep:
    The end is is nigh, how's the grind going guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Haha in my country we do exams in November... good thing I applied post-qual
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Infested)
    Haha in my country we do exams in November... good thing I applied post-qual like most of the males here
    Sometimes, I wish I applied post-qual as well. Like for university in general.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The only way I can describe how I feel is like I have a hangover all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Obiejess)
    The only way I can describe how I feel is like I have a hangover all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    The end is is nigh, how's the grind going guys?
    5 days before the first exam. I'm weirdly excited for it (M2) but at the same time im dreading messing it up since I really want the A* in further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    5 days before the first exam. I'm weirdly excited for it (M2) but at the same time im dreading messing it up since I really want the A* in further maths.
    I'm quite excited for my first exam (FP1) too, quite a nice unit to start on because it doesn't count towards the A* and it's fairly easy anyway

ReputationRep:
    You guys (NeverLucky and Steliata) make me want to do something interestin hahahaha
    Do itttttt.

As they say, everything begins with a single step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Do itttttt.

Very true - since I set up the website (which I'll admit was quite time consuming) it's been pretty low maintenance. Although I'm not actively promoting it atm since exams are the main focus 😅
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Do itttttt.

Hmm what though hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hmm what though hahaha
    Create your own clothing brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    You do OCR (not MEI) don't you? Shouldn't be too bad this year given that last year's paper was horrendous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.