Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    You do OCR (not MEI) don't you? Shouldn't be too bad this year given that last year's paper was horrendous.
    Yeah, I do OCR, not MEI. We did last years paper as a mock and I didnt find it that bad, so I'm dreading what the UMS boundaries are going to be like. They were 65 or so out of 72 for the 100 last year, which is the score I'm after.
    I've started getting stuck on really simple stuff though, which has me even more worried.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Create your own clothing brand.
    Lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Lmaoo
    100% serious. Just design a white shirt that says "Cambridge > Oxford". I'd buy one.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

100% serious. Just design a white shirt that says "Cambridge > Oxford". I'd buy one.
    Pretty sure this already exists... :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    We could all wear one :lol: squad uniform
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    We could all wear one :lol: squad uniform
    Definitely up for this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Pretty sure this already exists... :lol:
    Ah but is it one that's endorsed or made by me? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the fact I'm about to have a rant in here but does anyone else think it's pathetic that my school have suddenly decided that they want locker keys back before half term (ie two weeks time), despite that fact that we are still in full time until exams finish (for me, over three weeks after the start of next half term). Like where am I going to keep all of my revision stuff and lesson stuff I have to take in. If they think I'm going to either carry 4 lever arch files, four textbooks and two revision guides around 4 days a week ( I have maths for a full day every tues so obvs wouldn't have to take it in then, and then just do my maths revision in an evening on other days). And where am I meant to put my biscuits?? And chocolate?? And last year they didn't have to hand them in until they finished.

Unfortunately though, my deputy head of sixth form assured my mum in January in front of several of my teachers that they would ensure I had somewhere to leave my stuff each day if locker access was stopped for any reason (they are in our common room, which we often get threatened with the closure of due to some peoples inability to use a rubbish bin) so they are going to have to find me somewhere. It's only a little issue but these things get to me.

Anyone else's school appearing to be making things harder for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Sorry for the fact I'm about to have a rant in here but does anyone else think it's pathetic that my school have suddenly decided that they want locker keys back before half term (ie two weeks time), despite that fact that we are still in full time until exams finish (for me, over three weeks after the start of next half term). Like where am I going to keep all of my revision stuff and lesson stuff I have to take in. If they think I'm going to either carry 4 lever arch files, four textbooks and two revision guides around 4 days a week ( I have maths for a full day every tues so obvs wouldn't have to take it in then, and then just do my maths revision in an evening on other days). And where am I meant to put my biscuits?? And chocolate?? And last year they didn't have to hand them in until they finished.

Unfortunately though, my deputy head of sixth form assured my mum in January in front of several of my teachers that they would ensure I had somewhere to leave my stuff each day if locker access was stopped for any reason (they are in our common room, which we often get threatened with the closure of due to some peoples inability to use a rubbish bin) so they are going to have to find me somewhere. It's only a little issue but these things get to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've never been allowed lockers...

School aren't really making our lives difficult right now but they certainly have in the past. Like closing the toilets in the sixth form block. Or messing with our subject choices because they 'didn't fit the timetable'. Or not buying textbooks for two out of my three A levels. Or sending the Oxbridge applicants on a random 'interview skills' thing which was just an Oxford grad of ten years talking BS about how fantastic she is and about bedders spying on you during interviews. Or cancelling the English trip to meet David Crystal (read: top guy in the subject) in Manchester because we 'weren't allowed to go out of school' despite the fact that RS went TO LONDON. A-N-G-E-R-Y.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We don't have lockers, so I do carry all that stuff around every day, and to and from school for 2 miles too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    We've never been allowed lockers...

School aren't really making our lives difficult right now but they certainly have in the past. Like closing the toilets in the sixth form block. Or messing with our subject choices because they 'didn't fit the timetable'. Or not buying textbooks for two out of my three A levels. Or sending the Oxbridge applicants on a random 'interview skills' thing which was just an Oxford grad of ten years talking BS about how fantastic she is and about bedders spying on you during interviews. Or cancelling the English trip to meet David Crystal (read: top guy in the subject) in Manchester because we 'weren't allowed to go out of school' despite the fact that RS went TO LONDON. A-N-G-E-R-Y.
    I've not been on a school trip since year 10 with the exception of collecting an award on behalf of the school magazine (which I am in charge of) last summer. We've had no toilets since November, and the main school ones, certainly in the girls, half of them don't lock. So there are more than 500 girls regularly trying to use like 4 cubicles in 20 minutes. My school didn't even give me interview prep 😂😂. The worst thing is the common room possibly being closed because it means that we literally have nowhere to study at school and I can't get home because of my dad needing to sleep during the day. Plus, if I have 1 free lesson, it takes me half an hour to walk home, so I'd have to turn straight back around again to not miss a lesson.

Only our sixth form get lockers, and they are actually really useful. I mean, personally, I have things like hot chocolate powder, a mug and spoon, biscuits and chocolate in there, because I get pretty anxious about things (there is a possibility that I have anxiety disorder but my GP isn't sure and wants to refer me to an expert, which exactly what they did with another friend of mine and it took ages for her referral to come through) and sometimes hot chocolate is really calming. Plus, i get paranoid about people nicking my phone out of the tray at the end of exams (especially when there are two different lengths in one room) so I often leave mine in there. And it's just how I work - I need a lot of stuff around me to feel like I'm in control.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    We don't have lockers, so I do carry all that stuff around every day, and to and from school for 2 miles too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe we've been spoilt. But I know myself (and several others) keep things like hot chocolate in their lockers (because, quite honestly the stuff school provides out of our enrolment fee each year is rubbish). And I also have motivational quotes stuck on the inside of mine for whenever I feel down- something which surely would be crucial next month In exam season. And school would say that we're on study leave, but as we have to be in for lessons, we are all going to be in for more time than we aren't, I know even as late as the third week back after half term (w/b 19th June), I have to be in all day monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Tuesday my dad needs to sleep at home due to night shifts (and he snores) and I've already told school this. And it's not like anyone else is going to have then before September - all of the year 12s who are going into year 13 (ie not leaving to go to college or anything) have lockers already, and they won't issue them to the current year 11s until they enrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've not been on a school trip since year 10 with the exception of collecting an award on behalf of the school magazine (which I am in charge of) last summer. We've had no toilets since November, and the main school ones, certainly in the girls, half of them don't lock. So there are more than 500 girls regularly trying to use like 4 cubicles in 20 minutes. My school didn't even give me interview prep 😂😂. The worst thing is the common room possibly being closed because it means that we literally have nowhere to study at school and I can't get home because of my dad needing to sleep during the day. Plus, if I have 1 free lesson, it takes me half an hour to walk home, so I'd have to turn straight back around again to not miss a lesson.

Only our sixth form get lockers, and they are actually really useful. I mean, personally, I have things like hot chocolate powder, a mug and spoon, biscuits and chocolate in there, because I get pretty anxious about things (there is a possibility that I have anxiety disorder but my GP isn't sure and wants to refer me to an expert, which exactly what they did with another friend of mine and it took ages for her referral to come through) and sometimes hot chocolate is really calming. Plus, i get paranoid about people nicking my phone out of the tray at the end of exams (especially when there are two different lengths in one room) so I often leave mine in there. And it's just how I work - I need a lot of stuff around me to feel like I'm in control.
    Yeah I've only been on a few school trips since year 10 - one to the local uni, and one to the Manchester uni library. For some reason school randomly locks most of the toilets whenever they feel like it which isn't very helpful. Schools are so illogical aren't they 😂 thinking that closing things will stop vandals etc from messing stuff up: newsflash, they'll just find somewhere else!

I wish I could bring my own hot chocolate powder to school as the canteen stuff is basically water - even if I just brought it in my bag - but we don't have a kettle 😭 or a microwave or anything, they don't trust us lol

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could bring my own hot chocolate powder to school as the canteen stuff is basically water - even if I just brought it in my bag - but we don't have a kettle 😭 or a microwave or anything, they don't trust us lol
    Burn the school down and use the dying embers as a kettle.

#LifeHacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Burn the school down and use the dying embers as a kettle.

#LifeHacks
    Omg yaaaaaaassss

Although I'm not sure Cambridge would appreciate an arsonist with all those old buildings around 😅

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our teachers not marking our work that's a good one. Handed in something 2 months ago where I forgot about it. I got it beginning of this week. Thanks...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've only been on a few school trips since year 10 - one to the local uni, and one to the Manchester uni library. For some reason school randomly locks most of the toilets whenever they feel like it which isn't very helpful. Schools are so illogical aren't they 😂 thinking that closing things will stop vandals etc from messing stuff up: newsflash, they'll just find somewhere else!

Agreed, they always find a way. And the thing is, locking the common rooms prevents us from revising at school in our frees, hence lowering schools results in the summer. Our canteen doesn't even do hot chocolate. They only provide a kettle etc because they have a £50 enrolment payment that goes towards the common room facilities and a few other things like the end of year party, so it gets paid for out of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    Our teachers not marking our work that's a good one. Handed in something 2 months ago where I forgot about it. I got it beginning of this week. Thanks...
    I know what you mean, I re-wrote an essay in January and got it back last week. The teacher had marked it and forgotten to give it back 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just to contribute to the conversation

My sixth form college has a Costa hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god are any of you watching Eurovision 😂😂😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.