The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
That's true! I guess if you want to vlog you have to do it the right way. :lol: What video editing software are you using?

Yeah, I've always said if you're gonna do something, do something properly even if you do have to invest a bit of money. I've actually filmed my first one now, took about 6 hours now. I can PM you the link now if you want. It's more of a proof of concept.

Adobe Premiere ofc lol. Stupid question.
Original post by NeverLucky
Yeah, I've always said if you're gonna do something, do something properly even if you do have to invest a bit of money. I've actually filmed my first one now, took about 6 hours now. I can PM you the link now if you want. It's more of a proof of concept.

Definitely! Sure, sounds good. I'll check it out.

:lol: true, adobe is the best.
Original post by Inister
LOL I'm exactly the same way. I almost feel like my (somewhat natural) ability to remain calm during stressful situations allowed me to make some pretty good points and respond well. Combined with the fact that I kinda "predicted" the type of questions they were going to ask me beforehand, it feels like my interview carried me to a place.

Obviously, I don't know how good the competition was, nor my score in the admissions assessment - I guess everyone feels like they "cheated" a place some way or another.

I wouldn't worry about it. I reckon the ratio of the number of people who think they'll be "one of the worst" to the number of people who turn out to be "one of the worst" is small.

read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome - this states "Proof of success is dismissed as luck, timing, or as a result of deceiving others into thinking they are more intelligent and competent than they believe themselves to be."

I think I have imposter syndrome :lol: that and a fear I've just 'got lucky' with academic tasks and my exams next month will be really hard and I'll get like CCC when I need A*A*A

Could you kindly link me too? I'm interested :tongue:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Definitely! Sure, sounds good. I'll check it out.

:lol: true, adobe is the best.

Original post by daniilS
Could you kindly link me too? I'm interested :tongue:

It's far from perfect but it's not too bad for a first attempt I don't think.

Lol, and then there's me with my free wordpress account and avoiding html at all costs 😂😂😂

Seriously though, i can't get rid of the 'social' links on the top of my blog. None of them link to anything!!!
Anyone else starting to properly panic now or is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know I reckon Chinese must be the only subject with a 1:1 UMS:raw marks conversion. They basically just don't bother with UMS... If the grade boundaries stay the same every year how do they account for the difficulty of certain papers?

How have Edexcel managed to get away with such a rubbish qualification 😭😭😭
Original post by Steliata
Lol, and then there's me with my free wordpress account and avoiding html at all costs 😂😂😂

Seriously though, i can't get rid of the 'social' links on the top of my blog. None of them link to anything!!!

To each their own I suppose hahaha. Personally I would have spent a bit on a website host and a custom wordpress site.
To each their own I suppose hahaha. Personally I would have spent a bit on a website host and a custom wordpress site.

Ah fair enough, to be honest it's only a casual thing at the moment so I wouldn't want to add more pressure by investing in it! I'm not too fussed about it being popular, just being useful. 😊

(also I'm broke wahhhh 😭)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me to be honest :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's me too. And I just keep crying too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
It's me too. And I just keep crying too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I keep crying as well. I feel like there's so much to do and I don't have enough time.
Original post by Steliata
You know I reckon Chinese must be the only subject with a 1:1 UMS:raw marks conversion. They basically just don't bother with UMS... If the grade boundaries stay the same every year how do they account for the difficulty of certain papers?

How have Edexcel managed to get away with such a rubbish qualification 😭😭😭

might be because no one does it? S3 is similar because it's quite unpopular. It's hard to meaningfully gauge cohort performance in a small cohort
Original post by k.russell
might be because no one does it? S3 is similar because it's quite unpopular. It's hard to meaningfully gauge cohort performance in a small cohort

Well according to the JCQ there were 2849 A2 entries and 2270 AS entries... Is that a big cohort? It's twice that of Italian, and also twice that of Russian.

Edit: German is only 3842 as well
(edited 6 years ago)
I keep crying as well. I feel like there's so much to do and I don't have enough time.

I don't so much feel like that, more that the hours of work i've put in over the last few months are going to be for nothing. There's a few sections that I understand until I get into the exams and then all of that knowledge goes down the drain. And if I panic in the exams... I'm probably going to end up in clearing. I just don't seem to be able to hold it together, but I also struggle to tell my teachers how I'm feeling
I got my last assessment grades back A*A*B (B is English Lit) RIP :frown: so close but so far away
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I got my last assessment grades back A*A*B (B is English Lit) RIP :frown: so close but so far away

That's still really good!! I'm assuming English Lit is a new specification - I don't know what raw marks you got in English but you may find that they are closer to the A boundary than you think. teachers also like inflating grade boundaries when grading stuff. I'm struggling to even reach my insurance offer (AAB) at the moment so honestly don't worry. My teachers also reckon that, bearing in mind that there are a lot of new courses this summer, there is a chance that they may accept A*AA/A*A*B grades for A*A*A offers. Not a huge chance, but it's something to hold onto.
I haven't been on here in a while but good luck to everyone! Has anyone else here started IAL exams? I've done half of my exams so far (7 down, 8 to go) and I can't help but analyse all the marks that I think I've lost, leading me further away from those A*s ;(

That's amazing congrats! You've got time to work on that B and from what I've seen from your posts on TSR you seem very determined. I know that you've got this :smile:
Reply 2679

Original post by rayofsunshine98
That's still really good!! I'm assuming English Lit is a new specification - I don't know what raw marks you got in English but you may find that they are closer to the A boundary than you think. teachers also like inflating grade boundaries when grading stuff.

Completely agree. Teacher's marking of any new spec stuff is definitely prone to pessimism... :smile:

And that applies to both of you.

Latest

Trending

Trending