Original post by Obiejess
I only do 4-5 hours a day, now I'm worried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do what works for you. :smile:
Original post by liziepie
How did you manage to find it again?!

Miracle.

In all seriousness:
knowing it doesn't matter if I don't make it... Am I gonna die if I do miss my offer? Nope. I'm already in a better position than most people so let's make the most of it now! Not Long Left to GO!
Original post by liziepie
How did you manage to find it again?!

I was wondering that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys i think ive gone stir crazy and i cant get into a consistently good study mode where im not distracted every 10 to 15 minutes... first exam a week on Friday RIP me
Original post by SteamboatMickey
guys i think ive gone stir crazy and i cant get into a consistently good study mode where im not distracted every 10 to 15 minutes... first exam a week on Friday RIP me

I'm feeling the exact same... Have you got anywhere else you could go to revise? I'm going to my local library tomorrow to get some serious work done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I'm feeling the exact same... Have you got anywhere else you could go to revise? I'm going to my local library tomorrow to get some serious work done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The government closed our library so not really :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know its not really available to you, but I tend to go to my parents office to do revision.
you tried finding a quiet space in a public building to revise?
Original post by an_atheist
I know its not really available to you, but I tend to go to my parents office to do revision.
you tried finding a quiet space in a public building to revise?

Yeah and I can't find one. There's starbucks but thats it tbh.

Ohh.. That's unhelpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there no park or garden or anything near you? It's quite sunny out and it's pleasant to work outside - healthy too.
Original post by Zacken
Is there no park or garden or anything near you? It's quite sunny out and it's pleasant to work outside - healthy too.

Well the park is notorious for violent crime (friend almost got beaten to death and is still in recovery) and not monitoered very well. No gardens near me except the river, could go there i guess.
Well the park is notorious for violent crime (friend almost got beaten to death and is still in recovery) and not monitoered very well. No gardens near me except the river, could go there i guess.

I revised outside the other day, and I can't say I recommend it. Whilst I did make friends with a squirrel who sat next to me after I gave him a few nuts, there was a plethora of distractions all the way from a family cricket game to the birds looking for insects ( this was in the park )

Maybe i'm just too sensitive to movement or activity or something...but the lack of internet to look things up was also annoying.

I'd just block every distracting website, lock the door and perhaps try taking more frequent but shorter breaks. In this way, you'll satisfy your need to "do something else" but still spend the same amount of time revising
Reply 2795

Set up camp in your council office's reception area. When they try to move you on tell them you are using a council-provided study space in the absence of a library.

:smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
Set up camp in your council office's reception area. When they try to move you on tell them you are using a council-provided study space in the absence of a library.

:smile:

I would love to do that :frown: our library was really pretty and I enjoyed gazing at the portraits as a kid (made me want to do well in life so I could see more pretty old buildings and get away from my small town). Its going to be a museum now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I tried going to the library in town (which opened as an arts thing recently after years of my city not having a theatre or cinema after the old one got closed. We are very very lucky people). It's an amazing space, there's literally books everywhere, but I made the mistake of sitting in the large print section. So I had OAPs asking me constantly where Scrabble club was 😂 let's just say I didn't get very much done...

I might try again in another part of it, but I've got my revision groove on at home atm and I don't fancy lugging my books to town again (or getting stuck next to scrabble club)

I'm not sure about revising outside either, unless I'm doing something quite focused with music on (eg a maths paper) it's hard to get anything done really. Mainly because of lack of Internet, and also if I'm outside I associate it with sunbathing and not doing anything... 😵

You are so nearly there ! But you have to find your revising mojo. Have you tried the Forest app on your phone ? I use it in 30 minute bursts and it seems to give me about 10 x 30 minute solid revisions a day. 5 hours is my max each day though. I just reach saturation point after that.

But most importantly, I was quite surprised to get an offer from Cambridge (although my subject has quite a small number of applicants), so whilst I know they think I have potential I'm just trying to trust the A level process and hope that if I don't get the requisite grades it's a bullet dodged as I may not have been able to keep up effectively with my Cambridge degree. I hope I'm explaining myself properly - I think what I'm trying to say is just do your best and if that isn't good enough on 17 August then go and enjoy your insurance Uni and the slightly more relaxed atmosphere that will probably come with it ☺
Yeah and I can't find one. There's starbucks but thats it tbh.

Starbucks does have the advantage that you could have a drink... I'm probably going there this afternoon for a change of scenery from the library

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending