The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steliata
Lol, I tried going to the library in town (which opened as an arts thing recently after years of my city not having a theatre or cinema after the old one got closed. We are very very lucky people). It's an amazing space, there's literally books everywhere, but I made the mistake of sitting in the large print section. So I had OAPs asking me constantly where Scrabble club was 😂 let's just say I didn't get very much done...

I might try again in another part of it, but I've got my revision groove on at home atm and I don't fancy lugging my books to town again (or getting stuck next to scrabble club)

I'm not sure about revising outside either, unless I'm doing something quite focused with music on (eg a maths paper) it's hard to get anything done really. Mainly because of lack of Internet, and also if I'm outside I associate it with sunbathing and not doing anything... 😵

I'm quite lucky because there's a college literally just across the road from our town library, during term time they have a college librarian in there. So okay with it being half term there won't be a college librarian, but it's set up for lots of study space.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest the biggest distraction is the fact that my dog (aka my best friend in the whole wide world) is currently laying down and staring right at me. Look:

Amber being distracting but I love her.jpg
Original post by SteamboatMickey
To be honest the biggest distraction is the fact that my dog (aka my best friend in the whole wide world) is currently laying down and staring right at me. Look:

Amber being distracting but I love her.jpg

with regards to your revision situation, have you tried taking your dog for a walk and listening to some revision notes while you do?
Original post by an_atheist
with regards to your revision situation, have you tried taking your dog for a walk and listening to some revision notes while you do?

I've thought about that but I hate the sound of my voice. I usually take her for a walk after an hour or two of study and either listen to music or take some flashcards or listen to a lecture pertaining to an author I study for English Literature.
I've thought about that but I hate the sound of my voice. I usually take her for a walk after an hour or two of study and either listen to music or take some flashcards or listen to a lecture pertaining to an author I study for English Literature.

Just go to the library leave ur phone. And focus
Original post by physicsmaths

We don't have a library :tongue: that's what this conversation was about

!!! where do you go to procrastinate then?
Original post by k.russell
!!! where do you go to procrastinate then?

I'm not a huge procrastinator in all honesty, but usually over the fields and across the rivers. :tongue:
Has anyone else been set like actual homework for this half term week and if so is anyone else finding it extremely annoying to have to do tasks set by teachers rather than things which you think are important to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Has anyone else been set like actual homework for this half term week and if so is anyone else finding it extremely annoying to have to do tasks set by teachers rather than things which you think are important to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you go back after half term? Are you not done with lessons?
Original post by Inister
Do you go back after half term? Are you not done with lessons?

Nope, we have to go to lessons around exams. We don't have to go to morning tutor time, and if we have an afternoon exam we are allowed to miss morning lessons that day, provided we speak to the teacher who's lesson we miss to find out what we miss. So, as I finish subjects on 16th, 26th and 27th June, I'm pretty much full time for the next three weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, we have to go to lessons around exams. We don't have to go to morning tutor time, and if we have an afternoon exam we are allowed to miss morning lessons that day, provided we speak to the teacher who's lesson we miss to find out what we miss. So, as I finish subjects on 16th, 26th and 27th June, I'm pretty much full time for the next three weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

And they do that so the "average" student gets extra teaching time, at the expense of the higher-achieving students who'd much rather be going over what they've already learnt.

Have you considered just not going in? Some of my friends at sixth form have been absent for the last few weeks - the school didn't really care because they cant do much about it.
Original post by Inister
And they do that so the "average" student gets extra teaching time, at the expense of the higher-achieving students who'd much rather be going over what they've already learnt.

Have you considered just not going in? Some of my friends at sixth form have been absent for the last few weeks - the school didn't really care because they cant do much about it.

I haven't considered not going in - we've long since finished the content and have been revising in lessons for a minimum of 6 weeks anyway. Plus, when there's three of us doing a level maths, two soon biology and only me doing chem, the revision lessons are pretty targeted anyway. I just wish the homework was too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So excited to get A-Levels over with. I am kind of desperate for a challenge. Doing the same thing for 2 years is honestly awful :tongue: I just hope I don't mess up my exams by misreading an essay question and throwing away my Uni chances lmao

Oh sry
I'm Y11, I'm planning to apply to King's for CS
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
I'm Y11, I'm planning to apply to King's for CS

Wrong thread my friend. This is current application cycle offer holders.

great advice

try following it

xxx
I haven't considered not going in - we've long since finished the content and have been revising in lessons for a minimum of 6 weeks anyway. Plus, when there's three of us doing a level maths, two soon biology and only me doing chem, the revision lessons are pretty targeted anyway. I just wish the homework was too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't do the homework, just revise. You will be leaving soon anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh sry

It's chill :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending