Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Agreed! Durham is my insurance and I know they are notoriously difficult for insurance and clearing people
    Good thing you're not gonna have to deal with that then 😜
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    Good thing you're not gonna have to deal with that then 😜
    I probably will :lol: Might go to Durham after exams because it's cheap on the train for me and its a nice day out need to boost my insurance enthusiasm up a bit

ReputationRep:
    I probably will :lol: Might go to Durham after exams because it's cheap on the train for me and its a nice day out need to boost my insurance enthusiasm up a bit
    It's good to keep a little of yourself back though. To have a philosophical approach to results. My sister missed an Oxbridge offer by 5 marks and was devastated. I've learned a lot from that. I'm going to hope that life has a funny way of guiding me. And trust the process. ☺
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)
    It's good to keep a little of yourself back though. To have a philosophical approach to results. My sister missed an Oxbridge offer by 5 marks and was devastated. I've learned a lot from that. I'm going to hope that life has a funny way of guiding me. And trust the process. ☺
    Ah, that must have been awful for her! Yeah, I understand. I'm trying to have a philosophical approach as well. I'd like to think everything happens for a reason. I used to believe strongly in that mantra when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that must have been awful for her! Yeah, I understand. I'm trying to have a philosophical approach as well. I'd like to think everything happens for a reason. I used to believe strongly in that mantra when I was younger.
    Yes it was. But she loves her uni now. And hopefully so will we ! Wherever we end up. Good luck for your exams, I can see that you a strong and determined lady and will deal with whatever life throws at you. ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    What uni? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    East Anglia - not that far from Cambridge actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was. But she loves her uni now. And hopefully so will we ! Wherever we end up. Good luck for your exams, I can see that you a strong and determined lady and will deal with whatever life throws at you. ☺
    I try! We're only on this planet once and I want to make the most of it by doing what makes me happy and making something of my passion(s). I can tell you're going to do fantastic yourself. You have an admirable outlook on life and I hope to see you in October

ReputationRep:
    Also got Durham here as my insurance. Thankfully it's been confirmed as an unconditional because i already got 3 A's in November. Just need to prayyyy that I get my 2 A*'s in these retakes to meet my offer. Anyone else here writing CIE exams?

ReputationRep:
    A brief question about insurance choices: I'm still undecided as to whether I'll attend Imperial or one of two non-UK unis if I miss my Cambridge offer; do I have to be absolutely certain about this before I put Imperial as my insurance or can I withdraw my insurance choice later?

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their exams - you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiecurie)
    A brief question about insurance choices: I'm still undecided as to whether I'll attend Imperial or one of two non-UK unis if I miss my Cambridge offer; do I have to be absolutely certain about this before I put Imperial as my insurance or can I withdraw my insurance choice later?

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their exams - you will be fine
    according to what I understand, if you put Imperial as your insurance choice and you miss your firm offer, then it is automatically confirmed on UCAS that you will go to Imperial, assuming you then meet the conditions of your insurance offer. However, if you change your mind you must call their admissions department up and withdraw your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulei06)
    according to what I understand, if you put Imperial as your insurance choice and you miss your firm offer, then it is automatically confirmed on UCAS that you will go to Imperial, assuming you then meet the conditions of your insurance offer. However, if you change your mind you must call their admissions department up and withdraw your application.
    Thank you! So withdrawing my application would be possible up to UK results day? (I'm deciding as soon as possible, just asking for clarification)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiecurie)
    Thank you! So withdrawing my application would be possible up to UK results day? (I'm deciding as soon as possible, just asking for clarification)
    You can withdraw any time up until you actually start at the university. Just be careful about any financial commitments such as nonrefundable deposits for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Next week (basically this week) they begin for me

I'm going to need all the luck I can get

ReputationRep:
    Next week (basically this week) they begin for me

I'm going to need all the luck I can get
    My first exam is in about 15 hours

Nervous, but once I get "in the zone" after writing for a bit, hopefully I'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inister)

Nervous, but once I get "in the zone" after writing for a bit, hopefully I'll be fine.
    So is mine (Philosophy) 😬😬
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Good luck guys!!

I'm sure you'll both smash these exams :-)

I can't sleep I'm so nervous and mine isn't until Friday!

Im just so scared to make a stupid mistake, but I need sleep to revise and to do well. But I just can't sleep!

It's not that I can't do or meet the demands... it's just I have no faith in myself :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!!

I'm sure you'll both smash these exams :-)

I can't sleep I'm so nervous and mine isn't until Friday!

Im just so scared to make a stupid mistake, but I need sleep to revise and to do well. But I just can't sleep!

It's not that I can't do or meet the demands... it's just I have no faith in myself :lol:
    Exact same boat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Good luck guys you'll ace it! My first one is Wednesday (Maths) and I'm so nervous. I thought my exam nerves the last 2 years (GCSE and AS) were bad enough but this is a whole new level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    You can withdraw any time up until you actually start at the university. Just be careful about any financial commitments such as nonrefundable deposits for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Good luck guys you'll ace it! My first one is Wednesday (Maths) and I'm so nervous. I thought my exam nerves the last 2 years (GCSE and AS) were bad enough but this is a whole new level.
    Which module? I've got M3 (OCR) on Wednesday, loads of fun (!).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.