Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Which module? I've got M3 (OCR) on Wednesday, loads of fun (!).
    I have an S1 and FP2 clash on Wednesday, interesting combination of the easiest and most difficult exams I'm sitting this summer lol

ReputationRep:
    Which module? I've got M3 (OCR) on Wednesday, loads of fun (!).
    AQA S1 - stats module, my idea of fun actually haha.

(Original post by k.russell)
    I have an S1 and FP2 clash on Wednesday, interesting combination of the easiest and most difficult exams I'm sitting this summer lol
    Is that AQA S1?? That's the one I have. Probably my easiest one for the summer as well, but I'd say the hardest ones I have are my last couple (Bio and Chem Paper 3s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    AQA S1 - stats module, my idea of fun actually haha.

Is that AQA S1?? That's the one I have. Probably my easiest one for the summer as well, but I'd say the hardest ones I have are my last couple (Bio and Chem Paper 3s)
    no edexcel, I believe they have similar content though. Idk, I think I find core maths and stats easier than chemistry and biology A level but I was still able to do well in most of my science exams good luck!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That's unfortunate. Good luck with them.

ReputationRep:
    no edexcel, I believe they have similar content though. Idk, I think I find core maths and stats easier than chemistry and biology A level but I was still able to do well in most of my science exams good luck!!
    It can't be that different at the end of the day -stats is stats. I find stats easier than the science and core is probably somewhere in the middle of it all.good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haven't been here since aaaaages ago :P just want to say good luck to everyone who have exams!!!! Mine don't start until next Wed so i still have a week and a bit of more cramming hahah
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czhang1998)
    haven't been here since aaaaages ago :P just want to say good luck to everyone who have exams!!!! Mine don't start until next Wed so i still have a week and a bit of more cramming hahah
    You are lucky to have some extra cramming time! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Just been cramming (well, not indiscriminately, but yeah) Civil Rights for Friday.. anyone else doing it?

Does anyone else during revision get pathetically attached to certain favourite interesting examples or facts and really hope you will be able to use them?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh okay, I don't know if this is too open or something but I'm not ashamed or anything so here goes.

Has anyone else got an email about a 'mental health' transition day? I don't know whether it's worthwhile going to, especially as I think they've only really mentioned it because they know I've been really active in mental health previously (wrote for ChildLine, helped out as a student ambassador for younger years, did a training course to become a certified 'counsellor' etc) and I had an extenuating circumstance - nothing at all extreme!

If anyone at all is thinking of attending, it would be so good to know I'm not the only one! (Obviously, if you are and don't want to be open in front of a ton of people on TSR, just privately message me or something!).

And, as always, best of luck in exams 💕⭐️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamplemousse.)
    Does anyone else during revision get pathetically attached to certain favourite interesting examples or facts and really hope you will be able to use them?
    Not a Cambridge offer holder but I agree, I do often find really interesting facts and pray I can use them in my exams probably shows how exciting my life is when I'm revising...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just been cramming (well, not indiscriminately, but yeah) Civil Rights for Friday.. anyone else doing it?

That is the entire premise of my literature revision

I also tried to shoehorn "12% of laws during the 1529-31 parliamentary sessions were religious" into a practise essay today because it sounds cool 😂👏🏻
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Ahhhh okay, I don't know if this is too open or something but I'm not ashamed or anything so here goes.

Has anyone else got an email about a 'mental health' transition day? I don't know whether it's worthwhile going to, especially as I think they've only really mentioned it because they know I've been really active in mental health previously (wrote for ChildLine, helped out as a student ambassador for younger years, did a training course to become a certified 'counsellor' etc) and I had an extenuating circumstance - nothing at all extreme!

If anyone at all is thinking of attending, it would be so good to know I'm not the only one! (Obviously, if you are and don't want to be open in front of a ton of people on TSR, just privately message me or something!).

Haven't got the email, any chance you could give a bit more information about what this day is about?

ReputationRep:
    Hey mathmos just a heads up
    IA is ****ed
    U will get a first in most year of past papers then get a 2:2 in the real thing. Dont do it, go to imperial and cruise to that furst. The trinmos give us no chance. No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got the email, any chance you could give a bit more information about what this day is about?

I received the email too - I didn't declare a disability but I think it's aimed more at any offer holders with one.

ReputationRep:

Random but so awesome that you've written for ChildLine! Much respect.

Is this specifically for Cambridge? I've never put anything down on anything cos I've never even tried for diagnosis (and no extenuating circumstances thankfully) is it after exams? I'm not invited or owt but yeah, glad they're putting it on

ReputationRep:
    First exam tomorrow:eek:

Best of luck to everyone in exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I received the email too - I didn't declare a disability but I think it's aimed more at any offer holders with one.
    Okay! I mean I'd never class myself as having an actual disability, especially compared to some people who are genuinely far more deserving of help and support! Are you thinking of attending it then?

Random but so awesome that you've written for ChildLine! Much respect.

Is this specifically for Cambridge? I've never put anything down on anything cos I've never even tried for diagnosis (and no extenuating circumstances thankfully) is it after exams? I'm not invited or owt but yeah, glad they're putting it on
    Haha, thanks! It was a wonderful experience, I talked about it in my PS, it was essentially writing advice columns for ChildLine and First News (kids newspaper) about things like exam stress, sports or body image! I'd love to do some voluntary work for them sometime though...

This one is for Cambridge, yes! That makes sense, my extenuating circumstances weren't even about me hahaha, I think they might have exaggerated how significant they were because it really wasn't that bad! It's 15th September I think? But I'm sure throughout the year they'll do things like workshops on coping with stress, anxiety and sadness - I hope so anyway, mental health is so important <3

By the way, a diagnosis really isn't as significant as it seems; I know in a lot of senses it 'legitimises' how you feel (I know I felt like a huge attention seeker before going to my GP) but anything from a small bit of anxiety in social situations to a prolonged period of sadness counts as legitimate and valid and worth support.

If anyone needs, or wants, to chat about anything related to this, I'd love to be an ear for ya xx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if for humanities like English lit, English language and History, if the A* is 90% or above or if it can sometimes be a bit lower (like 80%).

It's a new course/system, I know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Does anyone know if for humanities like English lit, English language and History, if the A* is 90% or above or if it can sometimes be a bit lower (like 80%).

AFAIK all grading is done on a curve. As I understand the top few percent get the A*, reagardless of the raw scores that that entails.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. This *example* from Ofqual has A* at 76
    https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2017/03/3...-new-a-levels/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.