Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    We need to have a Pokémon battle do you have any of the newer games??
    Nope unfortunately I don't :/ I play on an emulator on my computer sometimes but don't have a 3Ds, if I get a switch I hope there will be some cool pokemon titles (they have their press conference in E3 rn I think but not watching it :lol:)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Nope unfortunately I don't :/ I play on an emulator on my computer sometimes but don't have a 3Ds, if I get a switch I hope there will be some cool pokemon titles (they have their press conference in E3 rn I think but not watching it :lol:)
    My childhood dream is to go there omg to the Pokémon centre 😂
    Pokemon is <3 Been too busy revising to start Moon though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same I haven't played sun since around Christmas

Pokémon battle in July? :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Obiejess)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't played Sun/Moon period :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome! You really are welcome. May I ask how it went??? Sending you all the best buddy

I have an exam tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. I don't think I'll fail, but I don't think I'll get my grades. I want my grades but if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't happen. Nothing more we can do once we've done the exams!! Hopefully the examiners will be nice but ah well life must go on and we must follow the path that is laid out for us.

Also, on a personal note, my Dad said that if I only miss narrowly and Cambridge don't take me its their loss because given the amount of shi*t happening in my life for the last few years, this year being probably the worst ever in terms of sh*t messing me about (always near exams? WHY?) I've done remarkably well and can only do better.
    It wasn't that bad other than one question which we had to cross out (and an easy one at that) because of an error on the paper. Not going to lie, I came out of the exam and, when I saw one of my biology teachers (who I've known for years and who actually taught chem for a term this year) had come to see how it went I was so relieved I burst into tears. Not at seeing that teacher, but just all of the stress with chem teachers being off and the fact that I'd actually done my weaker paper and thought it went okay.

I must say mentally I'm in the same sort of place as you - I want the grades, I don't think I'll fail but i don't get the grades I need for Cambridge. And we will end up where we are meant to end up.

And it must be hard when stuff conspires against you - I know when my dad lost his job during my AS exams it was hard, but somehow when it matters you seem to pull it out of the bag.

Good luck for the rest of this week! What subjects do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same I haven't played sun since around Christmas

Pokémon battle in July? :lol:
    Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from a teacher who I sent two practise things and she said my work was brilliant and it was just the boost I needed I've spent most of this week in an out of teachers offices asking them to check essay plans but they'll be rid of me a week on Thursday so oh well. I'm a stark believer in using any resources you can!!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from a teacher who I sent two practise things and she said my work was brilliant and it was just the boost I needed I've spent most of this week in an out of teachers offices asking them to check essay plans but they'll be rid of me a week on Thursday so oh well. I'm a stark believer in using any resources you can!!
    That's brilliant to hear! Teachers are literally among the best resources we have, and not just on the academic side - I find that they always know what to say to make you feel better. Last week, my chem teacher said to me that the one thing I had to hold onto this month was that I've done my absolute best this year and that every time I have sat and cried at school (I must admit most of these times have been crying on the teacher in question) it just shows how much I want this.... And she is so right.

Anyone else think they are going to really miss their teachers when they leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    That's brilliant to hear! Teachers are literally among the best resources we have, and not just on the academic side - I find that they always know what to say to make you feel better. Last week, my chem teacher said to me that the one thing I had to hold onto this month was that I've done my absolute best this year and that every time I have sat and cried at school (I must admit most of these times have been crying on the teacher in question) it just shows how much I want this.... And she is so right.

Anyone else think they are going to really miss their teachers when they leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely, I love my teachers! Not in a weird way but I just really appreciate having them. When I have medical issues in the middle of a lesson they help me about (got me a special lift key and everything), they put me forward for an award just because, the Oxbridge coordinator gave me a hug (when I won my award) and a high five and we're on casual terms now because for some reason he's just taken a shine to me (he told me to stop revising so much and usually he's that teacher who stresses every student out over exams and revision). Just really gonna miss everyone around me. I already miss sitting in History and chatting about archeology to my teacher! I've just got on really well with them.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done AQA Maths MPC3 this morning and if so how did you find it??

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, I love my teachers! Not in a weird way but I just really appreciate having them. When I have medical issues in the middle of a lesson they help me about (got me a special lift key and everything), they put me forward for an award just because, the Oxbridge coordinator gave me a hug (when I won my award) and a high five and we're on casual terms now because for some reason he's just taken a shine to me (he told me to stop revising so much and usually he's that teacher who stresses every student out over exams and revision). Just really gonna miss everyone around me. I already miss sitting in History and chatting about archeology to my teacher! I've just got on really well with them.
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean - because Oxbridge offers are so rare at my school (we only tend to have an application every 5 years!) and I'm literally the first Oxbridge offer scientist to come out of my school the teachers have been going above and beyond to help me because they want this as much as I do. My tutor keeps telling me to take a break and I must admit I need to - I feel really faint and tired but I still have an exam on Friday this week.

There's at least one of my teachers that I'm adding on facebook when I leave school in a few weeks because we're really close. It's going to be strange not having them around, particularly the ones I've had since the beginning of year 12, or even since year 10.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've just had my first exam, English Language. I think it went well but because it's English there's always more you can say so I have a bit of a nagging doubt about it. Oh well, it's over now!

@SteamboatMickey what did you think about that transcript with Jayce and his mum 😂😂😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Well I've just had my first exam, English Language. I think it went well but because it's English there's always more you can say so I have a bit of a nagging doubt about it. Oh well, it's over now!

@SteamboatMickey what did you think about that transcript with Jayce and his mum 😂😂😂
    Same! I felt like it went well at the start, and now I feel like it went terrible. 😂👌🏻 I kinda just talked a lot about like audience and lexis and grammar and pragmatics but I don't know if I specifically stated those things so I'm panicking?

Ah that transcript. Well... it was a bit hard but I feel confident about my response so.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Think that exam was me throwing up over the paper 📝
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have my worst exam this morning don't feel like I've prepared properly for it but just gonna do my best and hope paper 2 and coursework help me scrape an A grade!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

I have my worst exam this morning don't feel like I've prepared properly for it but just gonna do my best and hope paper 2 and coursework help me scrape an A grade!!
    :hugs: you'll be amazing! Go in with confidence and you'll be great!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :hugs: you'll be amazing! Go in with confidence and you'll be great!
    English lit 😫
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

English lit 😫
    I lived through it, I know :lol::console:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same And I didn't sleep properly last night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome! You really are welcome. May I ask how it went??? Sending you all the best buddy

I have an exam tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. I don't think I'll fail, but I don't think I'll get my grades. I want my grades but if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't happen. Nothing more we can do once we've done the exams!! Hopefully the examiners will be nice but ah well life must go on and we must follow the path that is laid out for us.

Also, on a personal note, my Dad said that if I only miss narrowly and Cambridge don't take me its their loss because given the amount of shi*t happening in my life for the last few years, this year being probably the worst ever in terms of sh*t messing me about (always near exams? WHY?) I've done remarkably well and can only do better.
    Your dad is absolutely right !

Can I just ask, were you told to call up on results day if you narrowly miss your offer as they may 'consider' taking you? Our Admissions Tutor told us that they get the grades about a day or two before but not the actual marks so if it's a narrow Miss then contact the college (and keep everything crossed) and wait. I just wondered if that's a common theme with all colleges, I suppose it is dependent on how competitive the course is 😕

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.