Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratesfam)
    Offer is unconditional so I feel like a bit of a jammy ******* posting here, but what societies are you planning to join if/when you get in? Are rowers perceived as meathead bores or universally adored champions?

Ps. Good luck to everyone!
    I hope people like rowers! I will be joining the Selwyn rowing club as I row already. Might join the music society too as I would have access to the grand piano! Never used one before lol

Also will be joining the AMES related societies
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I'm hoping grade boundaries are really low this year - not felt this bad since English AS either (I dropped it having got a C) - my insurance is AAB....

What Uni is your insurance at?
    I carried on English, so it always makes me nervous that it's going to mess things up again. The beautiful university of York - which really is gorgeous - but it isn't Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    haha not particularly, I was kind of joking - impressive ums tho
    Nahhh, should have seen Krollo last year. Not a single UMS dropped over 6 A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Nahhh, should have seen Krollo last year. Not a single UMS dropped over 6 A-Levels
    lol, mathmos are crazy

ReputationRep:
    how do I simplify 1/(1-2x^2) mr mathematician?

ReputationRep:
    how do I simplify 1/(1-2x^2) mr mathematician?
    If you're actually asking, the denominator is the difference of two squares (1-\sqrt{2}x)(1+\sqrt{2}x) so you can partial fraction.

ReputationRep:
    If you're actually asking, the denominator is the difference of two squares (1-\sqrt{2}x)(1+\sqrt{2}x) so you can partial fraction.
    yes I had figured that but I'm not sure how to proceed because I don't know what it equals
    nvm I think I got it, ty anyway

ReputationRep:
    yes I had figured that but I'm not sure how to proceed because I don't know what it equals
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. You can write it as \frac{1}{1-2x^2} = \frac{A}{1-\sqrt{2}x} + \frac{B}{1 + \sqrt{2}x} then multiply though and plug in values of x to find A and B.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. You can write it as \frac{1}{1-2x^2} = \frac{A}{1-\sqrt{2}x} + \frac{B}{1 + \sqrt{2}x} then multiply though and plug in values of x to find A and B.
    ( I'm tired and haven't done C4 in a year but... that is shocking
    I'm like Dianne Abbot but worse

ReputationRep:
    nvm I think I got it, ty anyway
    R u a mathmo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    R u a mathmo?
    no lmao but I am a natsci and I got 100 ums in c4 last year so idk what just happened to me :s
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I doubt I'll get the grades tho my teachers say I will bc I always lack faith in myself, but idk, I don't think I've done enough...
    Have Faith! :hugs:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    no lmao but I am a natsci and I got 100 ums in c4 last year so idk what just happened to me :s
    one does not have the name russell and not be a mathmo. u just dont realise it yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    one does not have the name russell and not be a mathmo. u just dont realise it yet
    Ironically the only person I know named Russell is a natsci...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Forecast)
    Only applies to people with a last name of Russell. First names don't count :lol:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Only applies to people with a last name of Russell. First names don't count :lol:
    Most of the Russells I know with that surname share a first name too, and are small canines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    My last name is Russell lol

ReputationRep:
    Thought C4 exam today was very decent if anyone else took it? Pretty confident of the A I needed now 😁

Only question that was really challenging I thought was 8, how were you meant to integrate the last bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strimpy)
    Thought C4 exam today was very decent if anyone else took it? Pretty confident of the A I needed now 😁

Only question that was really challenging I thought was 8, how were you meant to integrate the last bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    which exam board? OCR was alright, just a differntial equation that I couldnt get and the location of a pioint on a vector (about 12 marks total). Should manage to get 80+ UMS after that, but I'm not confident I'm going to get A* maths now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strimpy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was aiming for an A* and I'm not sure whether I'll make it. I found it more challenging than the past papers I've done before... I messed up Q7 because I didn't realise dh/dt is negative

And I split that integral into two integrals and integrated one of them by parts and the other by deduction.

Edit: Edexcel?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.