Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    I believe the law changed whilst Forecast and I were in year 11 (or possibly year 10) and most of those in this thread were in the year below that, so if you're older than that perhaps that's why?
    oh! yup!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    which formulae were they?
    formulae for statistical tests like standard deviation - which is fine if you do maths (i did it on my calculator) but if you dont know your way around a calculator you'd find it hard. so basically their going to strip us all away of marks that i actually got right, but many didn't. sucks because i need all the marks i can get if i even want to dream about meeting my offer
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Wait they messed up every bio exam? How so!? I need all the juicy details
    they messed up wording like "explain why this can't do this" instead of can. as simple as it sounds, the answer to why something can and cannot do something is very different - grade boundary different lol and also they didn't provide formulae for calculations they said they would provide in the specification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Believe in yourself rayofsunshine98 (she said hypocritically as she browsed possible options for clearing/reapplying to uni).
    I'm looking at clearing too haha
    105% yield was talked about a lot in the fb chat for natsci offer holders, dunno if you saw that - it seems to be the right answer since about 5 people agreed on it (weird as it is..)
    Yeah I saw it, unfortunately because i thought it was the wrong number I know i got the explanation wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertTaylorUK)
    I've heard about the whole 104% yield, apparently it could be an actual answer but idk, I got 85.3

THAT PH QUESTION WAS SO DUMB. LIKE SERIOUSLY

2 marks for something that would have been 5 marks on paper 1 okkkkkkk

+ what did you mess up in maths (Mine was C4 - the legendary leaked paper in which i actually did terribly)
    AQA C3 and I am glad it was only 2 marks because i made a mess of it haha

ReputationRep:
    What about starting at IA again? How does the IA natsci maths compare with STEP?
    Well u guys do very similar applied content as IA mathmos. But, I gave one of the best natscis in the year a STEP II 2017 question and he couldnt do it so that should say a fair bit.
    Natsci maths is way more rote learning then the tripos and step but you do some of the IA vector calc course obviously the dynamics course and a few other things from DE's etc. I am talking about content here obviously.

ReputationRep:
    What about starting at IA again? How does the IA natsci maths compare with STEP?
    There's multiple IA natsci maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Well u guys do very similar applied content as IA mathmos. But, I gave one of the best natscis in the year a STEP II 2017 question and he couldnt do it so that should say a fair bit.
    Natsci maths is way more rote learning then the tripos and step but you do some of the IA vector calc course obviously the dynamics course and a few other things from DE's etc. I am talking about content here obviously.
    So you could say that doing the natsci maths might teach you the techniques needed to start the maths tripos, but the problem solving would be much trickier in STEP and m tripos, if that makes sense?

(Original post by Zacken)
    There's multiple IA natsci maths.
    ik but the guy who was asking would probably do maths B, so what do you think about that vs STEP?

ReputationRep:
    Phew, last exam tomorrow..
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Physics FTW.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hello smart cambridge offer holder people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i request thy help for my physics exam tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help ive failed all but two of my other exams
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    hello smart cambridge offer holder people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i request thy help for my physics exam tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help ive failed all but two of my other exams
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Really looking forward to being able to break out this line afterwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLtyvGdNbc&t=2m18s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Physics FTW.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, indeed.

Thank you!

(Original post by an_atheist)
    Really looking forward to being able to break out this line afterwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLtyvGdNbc&t=2m18s
    Sweet freedom..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else massively crying about leaving school or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by rayofsunshine98)
      Anyone else massively crying about leaving school or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I cried on my history teacher's shoulder when I left secondary school :'(

Didn't cry at all when I left sixth form because I was only there for two years

ReputationRep:
      Anyone know of any 24hr libraries or libraries open till late in London(anything i can gain access to) Unfortunately Cambridge is like the only Uni that doesn't take part in the scheme which allows u to use other units libraries lol.
      • Section Leader
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      Anyone know of any 24hr libraries or libraries open till late in London(anything i can gain access to) Unfortunately Cambridge is like the only Uni that doesn't take part in the scheme which allows u to use other units libraries lol.
      What about UCL / LSE / etc ? Or can you only use public libraries?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Doonesbury)
      What about UCL / LSE / etc ? Or can you only use public libraries?
      Cambridge doesn't take part in the SCONUL scheme so we can't access any Uni library haha

Is it really? :/ There I was hoping to spend time in Manchester uni

Are there no public libraries that stay open late?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Serine Soul)
        Is it really? :/ There I was hoping to spend time in Manchester uni

Are there no public libraries that stay open late?
        well individual unis might have there own schemes and stuff I've just applied for LSE library membership so lets hop e that works out. otherwise ill just steal one of my friends cards and use it, but i don't want be always doing that as they might need there cards as you normally do and it becomes a hassle. public ones shut really early, weakness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.