Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Sunday, train will arrive by 2:30pm, and then taxi to Medwards.
    SteamboatMickey just a few words from a northern parent whose daughter was pooled and fished, just be yourself and truly allow cambridge to see your passion, you have got to believe that the place is already yours and nobody is going to take it. Your passion for the topic is boundless and thats what they need to see, no cleverness, show boating just pure excitement with the topic and I know from your posts that this is evident go get em ......let the game begin

ReputationRep:
    For the budding Pembroke offer holders out there - the FB group can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/7345...c_location=ufi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    You're forgetting about different type/standard of the intakes to schools to start with, especially between selective schools and non-selective schools. And not all should be aiming to send their kids to top unis. Every school has its own mission, commitment and a raison d'etre in the society.
    There're many students who need an educational ground that is not as vigorous and demanding as competive schools.....and students with genuine academic potential need the environment that helps to achieve their full potential.

You have to have both. (Something a certain tribe of the left wing doesn't seem to understand or in complete denial. )
    Totally agree with " horses for courses" and the "not one size fits all" point of view. In addition academia is not the only route to success.It is also tue that state non selective schools will have a more diverse cohort in terms of academic ability.

However, if you have genuine academic ability and go to one of these schools, there are more challenges to meet in terms of an Oxbridge application. The first one being to get them to apply at all! State schools could do better here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawmaya)
    I also have an offer for Law at Queens'
    Hi! I'm another Queens' Lawyer (alongside _thomasholmes who found me on twitter). Wonder how many more of us there are...

Look forward to seeing you guys this year
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Ahh, I somehow managed not to see that bit of your post

Well it's not in line with my beliefs in that I think it's about getting killed, so yeah hopefully not before I've met my offer:rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

Theresa May is watching you now.....

Me!! Long shot though as I can't read music
    Hopefully you won't get killed
    Spoiler:
    Show

More like Donald Trump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Hopefully you won't get killed
    Spoiler:
    Show

More like Donald Trump
    I see you're keeping your promise well :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by daniilS)
    I see you're keeping your promise well :rofl:
    On replying to PMs :rofl: going offline asap

Found an user friend on here in distress so decided to come on to help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    On replying to PMs :rofl: going offline asap

Found an user friend on here in distress so decided to come on to help
    10/10 TSR 'break' here lads

A traitor AND a liar?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to find out how many offers for a specific course in a specific college have been made this year?
    //Pembroke, Physicl NatSci
    Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    10/10 TSR 'break' here lads

A traitor AND a liar?
    Omg I already said sorry TSR is addicting ok :/

(Nah I am actually only answering a question on PMs before leaving again; I haven't posted on here all day)

ReputationRep:
    Medicine at Sidney Sussex offer here! Any other Sidney people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onebananapancake)
    congrats!!!! you made it!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Sidney! For theology! There don't seem to be many Sidneys on here...

ReputationRep:
    Geography at Sidney Sussex
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Omg I already said sorry TSR is addicting ok :/

(Nah I am actually only answering a question on PMs before leaving again; I haven't posted on here all day)
    Name:  YEAH-RIGHT.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  16.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    I thibk about 35/200 people who applied this year got in overall. (I go to a effing huge college, 2000 people)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    Is there any way to find out how many offers for a specific course in a specific college have been made this year?
    //Pembroke, Physicl NatSci
    Thanks!
    Yes - but not yet. You'll have to wait for CambStats to be updated - will take months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinnie99)
    Wow! That's an impressive success rate this year! Well done
    Yeah we have ended up being quite a good year there probably would've been more Oxbridge applicants but a lot decided to do medicine and so didn't want to apply because it's less practical in Oxbridge.

School is very happy to say the least, especially since we're a state school running out of money :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes - but not yet. You'll have to wait for CambStats to be updated - will take months.
    ok thanks!

ReputationRep:
    according to UCAS my daughter has an pool offer but has not received any email or letter from either the college she applied to or the pooled one, anyone else in limbo like this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.