Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Reality Check you haven't given me any advice you've just tried to undermine me and the information I've given you about my external circumstances. All I want to know is whether or not it will be a problem if my physics grade is a B and if I will be allowed to take it in year 1.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Well exactly And this is a really positive attitude to have - it's not about comparing yourself to everyone else but doing the best, and being the best that you can be.
    No, not at all. Everyone is a different kind of clever. I know people who are human calculators, but they can't write an essay at all. Does that mean someone amazing at maths, but can't string a high-quality essay together, is inherently cleverer? No, not really.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Would I be able to join it with a leg problem?
    I don't see why not. The rules of engagement are worth reading.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Only 17% of lawyers get a first, I've long since given up on that. But at the very least I want a strong 2:1, and I'll put in all the hours in hopes that I win the less than 1 in 5 gamble. The way I see it, even if we don't get in, the fact that we got offers means they saw something in us that was great, and we can use that in all aspects of our lives, even if it's not at Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is a fantastic attitude!! Yeah, I love a challenge, and I've defied the statistics before so my motto is just to work hard and then you can't complain in a few years time: "Oh, if only I had tried that bit harder, put those few more hours in, etc".

Very true! York would be lucky to have you, and it is a pretty great University IMO.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That is a fantastic attitude!! Yeah, I love a challenge, and I've defied the statistics before so my motto is just to work hard and then you can't complain in a few years time: "Oh, if only I had tried that bit harder, put those few more hours in, etc".

Very true! York would be lucky to have you, and it is a pretty great University IMO.
    Exactly, that's why I worked really hard during my A Levels, because I didn't want to look back and think I could have done better. Also, the way I see it, if all the hard work I put in couldn't get me into Cambridge, it was hardly going to get me through Cambridge either - so mental health wise I'd probably be better off not going!

York is gorgeous. Tbh I think I'd be pretty happy about going to my insurance if I'd firmed Durham, not having gotten an offer from Cambridge. It's just the comparison that makes it so daunting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    "You may enter a target's room through an unlocked door or an open window only."

Just imagining me squeezing through Obiejess's room window with a nerf gun now :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    "You may enter a target's room through an unlocked door or an open window only."

Just imagining me squeezing through Obiejess's room with a nerf gun now :rofl:
    That would be brilliant :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Reality Check you haven't given me any advice you've just tried to undermine me and the information I've given you about my external circumstances. All I want to know is whether or not it will be a problem if my physics grade is a B and if I will be allowed to take it in year 1.
    What is wrong with you? What's all this stuff about undermining?!

I told you it wouldn't be a problem, if you bothered to read the post fully instead of being melodramatic about it. And I stand by my comment - a door being opened and closed is not a extenuating circumstance - not by a country mile. You can choose to believe what you want on this.

ReputationRep:
    Obiejess, SteamboatMickey,

I am sure both of you will be perfectly fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, that's why I worked really hard during my A Levels, because I didn't want to look back and think I could have done better. Also, the way I see it, if all the hard work I put in couldn't get me into Cambridge, it was hardly going to get me through Cambridge either - so mental health wise I'd probably be better off not going!

York is gorgeous. Tbh I think I'd be pretty happy about going to my insurance if I'd firmed Durham, not having gotten an offer from Cambridge. It's just the comparison that makes it so daunting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I understand! I think along those same lines. Durham is my insurance somehow, so I feel pretty fine about going to either, though I do wish that it was a little farther away. By train, I can get there in 30 minutes from my village.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That would be brilliant :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You getting really stressed out over something and I am just like "going... to... get... you oh my god can you give me a hand" :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I understand! I think along those same lines. Durham is my insurance somehow, so I feel pretty fine about going to either, though I do wish that it was a little farther away. By train, I can get there in 30 minutes from my village.
    Yeah you got a reduced offer didn't you? Durham wanted the same grades as Cambridge from me! Nottingham is one of the best for Law, but I didn't apply because I wanted to get away :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You getting really stressed out over something and I am just like "going... to... get... you oh my god can you give me a hand" :lol:
    I'd just let you get me due to the sheer effort and determination :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I found out that someone from my A2 physics class got a first in IA Natural Sciences this year. Cambridge goals…
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you got a reduced offer didn't you? Durham wanted the same grades as Cambridge from me! Nottingham is one of the best for Law, but I didn't apply because I wanted to get away :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! One of my best friends has insured Nottingham (their firm is Uni of Manchester) for History with American studies or something.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! One of my best friends has insured Nottingham (their firm is Uni of Manchester) for History with American studies or something.
    Nottingham is actually a nice city, but I've lived my whole life in one house, and I just want to be somewhere else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Yesterday I found out that someone from my A2 physics class got a first in IA Natural Sciences this year. Cambridge goals…
    That's so cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop trying to pull
    Behave urself ok
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Stop trying to pull
    Behave urself ok
    :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.