Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    That is cool! I've never been interested in law but I want to know enough about it to be competent in understanding it because it is important.
    I'd recommend 'What About Law'. It's a book which covers all of the key areas of the law in a really basic way to highlight how interesting and complex it is, and it does it in a fun way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow choosing papers already!!! You're in. I've no correspondance regarding subject... just what to do when you miss an offer...

Signs of stuff to come on results day

I am actually really looking forward to meeting you! You seem like a nice person, like my kind-of-person. :lol:

Hey, guys I just got an email from Medwards. I finally sent in my choice of tripos papers (if I get the grades) and they sent me a message back telling me to have a good summer and they'll be in touch in due course. I just hope I get those grades, I can't help getting a little excited by the possibility.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same, even to the point where someone was playing in the same hall for one of mine. We had an apology as it affected everyone in the room. Nothing else will/can be done, or else people who have colds would get extenuating circumstances too?? and lets say there was a bug going round our school so people get them.
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    What is wrong with you? What's all this stuff about undermining?!

I told you it wouldn't be a problem, if you bothered to read the post fully instead of being melodramatic about it. And I stand by my comment - a door being opened and closed is not a extenuating circumstance - not by a country mile. You can choose to believe what you want on this.
    EDIT: wasn't directing at you but rather the guy complaining that it should be a circumstance, but his post is lost and too much effort to backtrack and find it.

ReputationRep:
    I told you it wouldn't be a problem, if you bothered to read the post fully instead of being melodramatic about it. And I stand by my comment - a door being opened and closed is not a extenuating circumstance - not by a country mile.
    Not so sure about that - I think it's likely that a door regularly being opened and closed in an exam would class as 'noise during examination which is more than momentary' for which the JCQ allows a 1% increase in raw marks, quite a lot when you consider that a recent family death only gets 4%!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Not so sure about that - I think it's likely that a door regularly being opened and closed in an exam would class as 'noise during examination which is more than momentary' for which the JCQ allows a 1% increase in raw marks, quite a lot when you consider that a recent family death only gets 4%!
    I'm entitled to 3% because of a recent close friend death.

(Original post by Xphoenix)
    Wow choosing papers already!!! You're in. I've no correspondance regarding subject... just what to do when you miss an offer...

I shan't, I think I have messed up some of my exams. It is like false hope!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)

If it makes you feel any better my college have been radio silent since January. Had the normal stuff from UCAS about clearing and similar though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    x
    A\re you sure about that? From the sounds of it, he gave an answer that wasnt what you wanted to hear, so you're getting pissy about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    x
    If you act like that with everyone who disagrees with you, you're not going to get far in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Wtf i didnt even know **** like this existed.
    Wtaf
    This wudve actually made a difference to some of my grades
    Oh well dont really give a **** now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    If it makes you feel any better my college have been radio silent since January. Had the normal stuff from UCAS about clearing and similar though.
    What college did you apply to?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What college did you apply to?
    Robinson.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wtf i didnt even know **** like this existed.
    Wtaf
    This wudve actually made a difference to some of my grades
    Oh well dont really give a **** now
    Same I didn't know until ALevels. My GCSEs would've seemed a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson.
    I'm out the loop a bit - do you have an offer from Robinson?

ReputationRep:
    Medwards, History, A*A*A with an A* in History. Quietly hopeful? Some of my exams were crap, but I have major extenuating circumstances (friend died days before the exams) so hoping if I got that A* in History and AA in my other subjects they may still let me take my place.

Yeah, I agree it is kinda bland. I like spending time here though Made some good friends. The applicants' threads were really fun.
    Ah Mickey it's so nice to see that you have grown in optimism re:grades! I am rooting for you (and everyone in this thread)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    Ah Mickey it's so nice to see that you have grown in optimism re:grades! I am rooting for you (and everyone in this thread)!
    Seconded 😊

ReputationRep:
    Are we going to set up a Pokemon society if we all make it?
    My friends brother is the President of the Oxford Pokémon society and says it's a right laugh!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm out the loop a bit - do you have an offer from Robinson?
    Yes. For Chemical Engineering, via Engineering. Need A*A*A in math, further maths and physics, in any order.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. For Chemical Engineering, via Engineering. Need A*A*A in math, further maths and physics, in any order.
    Exciting times. And how confident are you in meeting your offer? I know no-one's confident in meeting their offers at the moment, but you know what I mean.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Exciting times. And how confident are you in meeting your offer? I know no-one's confident in meeting their offers at the moment, but you know what I mean.
    Maths I think wil skirt the line between A and A* (i messed up my C4 exam pretty badly, for me)
    Further Maths i think will be an A*
    Physics will skirt the line again. (always has done for me)
    All in all, it feels like a 60-40 in favour of meeting the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Maths I think wil skirt the line between A and A* (i messed up my C4 exam pretty badly, for me)
    Further Maths i think will be an A*
    Physics will skirt the line again. (always has done for me)
    All in all, it feels like a 60-40 in favour of meeting the offer.
    60-40 on 9 July is goooood! I hear C4 was a bit of a mare for a few people this year. I'm appalling at maths, so I'm impressed regardless - I was a biological natsci after doing Law (yes) in my first year - and I survived the horrors of QB.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.