Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Yes it should be straightforward. Only STEP to worry about.... Oh....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I start praying.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    I really hope you get the result you need in August.
    Otherwise all these new knowledge you obtained last few days will be wasted.......together with our time answering the questions.
    The time spent answering will probably help some of us in one way shape or form, so I wouldnt call it a totally wasted effort.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you get the result you need in August.
    Otherwise all these new knowledge you obtained last few days will be wasted.......together with our time answering the questions.
    I hope so...tbh I'm just bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    The time spent answering will probably help some of us in one way shape or form, so I wouldnt call it a totally wasted effort.
    Saving grace.

But don't expect you can drink wine from a horn at matriculation dinner,too.
    That's a homerton thing.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    There will be a lovely shiny Freshers Thread for all these questions on Results Day. Patience will be rewarded. (Some (most) don't like discussing this stuff too early in case it jinks them... )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    I was just curious about uni challenge, I'm no way near good enough with general knowledge
    Each college holds their competition to choose a team that represents the college.
    Then those teams take a part in a regional preliminary along with other universities in the region.
    Then whatever a number of teams BBC needs are selected there to go to the final stage of competition that's broadcast on tv.
    There might've been another preliminary at the university level before the regional competition to select which colleges are going to the regionals, but can't remember clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    I hope so...tbh I'm just bored
    Well, you shouldn't be.
    One of your questions was what you can/should do during summer holiday to which physicsmaths answered with very good suggestions and advice.
    Maybe you can start utilising the knowledge you obtained.

But seriously, good luck with STEP.
    .............And try some elderflower drink before you get there. It's quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you shouldn't be.
    One of your questions was what you can/should do during summer holiday to which physicsmaths answered with very good suggestions and advice.
    Maybe you can start utilising the knowledge you obtained.

But seriously, good luck with STEP.
    .............And try some elderflower drink before you get there. It's quite nice.
    meh... elderflower sounds kinda odd. I just hope its sweet, I cant stand bitter drinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    meh... elderflower sounds kinda odd. I just hope its sweet, I cant stand bitter drinks
    It's sweet.
    It's basically sweetened water that was steeped with elderflower.
    Really not bad.
    Don't hate it even before you try it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, so unless none of us get in, no time wasted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There will be a lovely shiny Freshers Thread for all these questions on Results Day. Patience will be rewarded. (Some (most) don't like discussing this stuff too early in case it jinks them... )
    I'm that paranoid that even though I have this really nice to write with Uni of York pen I refuse to use it just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    It's sweet.
    It's basically sweetened water that was steeped with elderflower.
    Really not bad.
    Don't hate it even before you try it.
    Yep, Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial £2.50 in Sainsbury's (get the cordial not the sparkling presse version). You make it quite weak - 10:1 water:cordial...

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial £2.50 in Sainsbury's (get the cordial not the sparkling presse version). You make it quite weak - 10:1 water:cordial...
    You have to make the drink? Does it not come bottled?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    You have to make the drink? Does it not come bottled?
    The presse version is pre-made but it's fizzy (and works out more expensive).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Saving grace.

But don't expect you can drink wine from a horn at matriculation dinner,too.
    That's a homerton thing.
    I havent even looked at the traditions at Robinosn yet. Not sure its been around long enough to have any of note.

But we have no patience :lol:
    When is an acceptable time before results day to start discussing this stuff, in your opinion?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I havent even looked at the traditions at Robinosn yet. Not sure its been around long enough to have any of note.

But we have no patience :lol:
    When is an acceptable time before results day to start discussing this stuff, in your opinion?
    Honestly, not until the day. I mean sure, important things like visas, or what to do if you miss the offer, or whatever. But not what happens in Freshers, etc.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And some societies try to lure freshers with free pizza too.
    Which they're not supposed to do (it's strictly wrapped food only at society stalls) but there we go...

Ah, sorry.

I know I hated it last year
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Serine Soul)
      Ah, sorry.

I know I hated it last year
      No worries at all - really

If the question is asked it's hard not to answer... we all understand that

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 11234)
      What are you doing over the summer. Are you going over course material?
      Yeh im doing a few of the IB courses before hand

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.