The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
Original post by zippidee
I was an education student the first time around (the old education course - with English) and this time I'm studying theology. It was always going to happen - I spent most of my time at Homerton in the library sniffing the theology books.

Brilliant! Same or different college? (Apologies if I missed it...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3841
Original post by Orange128
It has been a long year...
https://snag.gy/x1gmbq.jpg

Finally no more worrying!:biggrin:

Whoop! IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Brilliant! Same or different college? (Apologies if I missed it...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Different - Wolfson. I don't think I've mentioned my new college much, but I absolutely loved it when I was there.
Reply 3843
Different - Wolfson. I don't think I've mentioned my new college much, but I absolutely loved it when I was there.

So you were 21+ first time around too? Even more impressed...

Nope, just regular national exams :tongue:
Reply 3845
Noooo, sorry - Homerton was my first college, Wolfson is my new college. I was only 19 the first time. :smile:

I'm reliably informed it's the best mature college but that might need a @Reality Check... :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
You might also meet Ibz Mo if you're at Wolfson (which is a plus tbh) xDD
I'm reliably informed it's the best mature college but that might need a @Reality Check... :wink:

It better be.

It's just a shame I won't meet Monkman. :awesome: But yeah, I've had a look at some of Ibz Mo's videos. It's nice to get a glimpse of Wolfson from a student's perspective.

Haha - It certainly is the best mature college!

Ibz Mo does not represent Wolfson or its life in any meaningful sense.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3848
Original post by Reality Check
Ibz Mo does not represent Wolfson or its life in any meaningful sense.

Hmm. I've just realised I've never seen you and Ibz in the same room together...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm. I've just realised I've never seen you and Ibz in the same room together...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, indeed. My understanding is that he has caused a great deal of upset and consternation amongst the Senior Members and Fellows. I wouldn't wish to enter into a dialogue with him.
Reply 3850
Yes, indeed. My understanding is that he has caused a great deal of upset and consternation amongst the Senior Members and Fellows. I wouldn't wish to enter into a dialogue with him.

(That's not what that expression means.... :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3851
Original post by physicsmaths
https://dec41.user.srcf.net
Save all of them now, they get taken down in term(that terms notes) since the facaulty had a fit about these notes cause they are exactly the lecture notes and people stopped going lol.
Use these, Groups and VC will be lectured by our dos's(assuming u come homerton) so ur very very lucky u will get supervised by the lecturers and our dos's are extremely good.
Paper 3 was our weakest paper for everyone in our college it will probably be ur strongest now haha.

Wait are there no notes for IA easter term? Is that term just revision then of the previous terms

Any chance you could pm me with a little bit more details about this. I've been very torn on whether to believe a lot of what he says in his vlogs about Cambridge as an institution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Any chance you could pm me with a little bit more details about this. I've been very torn on whether to believe a lot of what he says in his vlogs about Cambridge as an institution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course. :smile:
Original post by 11234
Wait are there no notes for IA easter term? Is that term just revision then of the previous terms

You're encouraged (depending on the college) to take the three IB Easter Term courses in the IA Easter term.
Reply 3855
Original post by Zacken
You're encouraged (depending on the college) to take the three IB Easter Term courses in the IA Easter term.

Are you assessed on these courses if you decide to take them?
Original post by 11234
Are you assessed on these courses if you decide to take them?

What do you mean by assessed? You have a set of exams at the end of the year that determine your grade. Obviously three IB courses won't be on the IA exam paper, so you won't be assessed on it. If you receive supervisions for the courses during Easter, then you'll get supervision reports for them at the end of the term. If not, you get "assessed" on them if you choose to do the questions on them in the IB exam.
Reply 3857
Original post by Zacken
What do you mean by assessed? You have a set of exams at the end of the year that determine your grade. Obviously three IB courses won't be on the IA exam paper, so you won't be assessed on it. If you receive supervisions for the courses during Easter, then you'll get supervision reports for them at the end of the term. If not, you get "assessed" on them if you choose to do the questions on them in the IB exam.

At the end of the year I'm guessing you sit a bunch if STEP like papers. If you happen to do the IB courses would these topics appear in them because you studied them in your Easter term of IA. Do supervision scores give you alpha beta points
Original post by 11234
At the end of the year I'm guessing you sit a bunch if STEP like papers. If you happen to do the IB courses would these topics appear in them because you studied them in your Easter term of IA. Do supervision scores give you alpha beta points

Huh? I just said that IB courses wouldn't appear on a IA exam. You have four exams in IA, that examine eight fixed courses. You could take all the IB, II and III courses and none of them would appear on the four papers you take in IA.

No. There's no such thing as a supervision score. A supervisor cannot predict you alpha/beta points because they cannot read your (future) mind and guess how many questions you do on that particular course or what the questions are. You might get a predicted class if you supervisor wants to give you one, but otherwise it's just some ratings and a comment about your work.
(That's not what that expression means.... :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

(The moment it showed he takes his name very seriously. :tongue: )

Latest

Trending

Trending