Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    At the end of the year I'm guessing you sit a bunch if STEP like papers. If you happen to do the IB courses would these topics appear in them because you studied them in your Easter term of IA. Do supervision scores give you alpha beta points
    Huh? I just said that IB courses wouldn't appear on a IA exam. You have four exams in IA, that examine eight fixed courses. You could take all the IB, II and III courses and none of them would appear on the four papers you take in IA.

No. There's no such thing as a supervision score. A supervisor cannot predict you alpha/beta points because they cannot read your (future) mind and guess how many questions you do on that particular course or what the questions are. You might get a predicted class if you supervisor wants to give you one, but otherwise it's just some ratings and a comment about your work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    (That's not what that expression means.... )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (The moment it showed he takes his name very seriously. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    You're encouraged (depending on the college) to take the three IB Easter Term courses in the IA Easter term.
    Yep like us, we went to all them lectures and took proper notes.

ReputationRep:
    yea kids, homertonioons are generally role models for other students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yep like us, we went to all them lectures and took proper notes.
    Tied for senior wrangler x

ReputationRep:
    Edited for you.

Yep like us, I wish we'd gone to all them lectures and taken proper notes.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by vincrows)
    Edited for you.
    :lol::five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Edited for you.
    *those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    *those

To 'edit' physicsmaths's post is a delicate operation. I mean, how grammatically correct should it be, or leave it as authentic as possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange128)
    Natural Sciences
    Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To 'edit' physicsmaths's post is a delicate operation. I mean, how grammatically correct should it be, or leave it as authentic as possible?

Harsh

ReputationRep:
    Harsh
    I know.
    But it's nice to see something never changes, isn't it? ........both you and me.

ReputationRep:
    https://dec41.user.srcf.net
    Save all of them now, they get taken down in term(that terms notes) since the facaulty had a fit about these notes cause they are exactly the lecture notes and people stopped going lol.
    Use these, Groups and VC will be lectured by our dos's(assuming u come homerton) so ur very very lucky u will get supervised by the lecturers and our dos's are extremely good.
    Paper 3 was our weakest paper for everyone in our college it will probably be ur strongest now haha.
    Do you have any other notes, its quite hard to follow some of the stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Do you have any other notes, its quite hard to follow some of the stuff
    what courses u finding hard to follow

ReputationRep:
    what courses u finding hard to follow
    The stuff on little and big o notation. I just started this topic. Probably going to do group theory instead now cos i cant get my head around some of these

ReputationRep:
    I know.
    But it's nice to see something never changes, isn't it? ........both you and me.
    True haha

ReputationRep:
    anyone taken a gap year and applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanaa SurnamE)
    anyone taken a gap year and applied?
    physicsmaths

ReputationRep:
    True haha
    Could u explain how u understood big and little o notation and use in integration

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to a September open day at my college since I never visited before interview so didn't see the fresher's accommodation, do you guys reckon it's worth the bother?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.