Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I'm thinking of going to a September open day at my college since I never visited before interview so didn't see the fresher's accommodation, do you guys reckon it's worth the bother?
    I never got to do an open day either. But what I'm going to do is (if I meet my offer) go down in my own time and have a look around Cambridge myself. Most of the open day stuff is about applications so it will be a bit rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to a September open day at my college since I never visited before interview so didn't see the fresher's accommodation, do you guys reckon it's worth the bother?
    Yes, it is. I went down to see the accomodation at my college (I'd not visited before either, due to being pooled) the other week and it was a good day out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanaa SurnamE)
    anyone taken a gap year and applied?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I never got to do an open day either. But what I'm going to do is (if I meet my offer) go down in my own time and have a look around Cambridge myself. Most of the open day stuff is about applications so it will be a bit rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Yes, it is. I went down to see the accomodation at my college (I'd not visited before either, due to being pooled) the other week and it was a good day out.
    Ah right, thanks guys. I think I'll go but maybe just stay for the accommodation tours, not sure about meeting academic staff though as that might appear a bit eager!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    My son never saw any of his college's accomodation until he started, despite being in Cambridge on a number of occasions...

But I'd say if you can it's a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you go there and they let you see a typical fresher's room, it's worth taking note of how much (not much) and what kind of storage space you can get, like a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a desk, space under sink, bookshelf, etc.
    Girls tend to need more stuff than boys (esp. clothings), so knowing it helps you to decide how much stuff you're going to take in September.

(Original post by vincrows)
      I really hope you get the result you need in August.
      Otherwise all these new knowledge you obtained last few days will be wasted.......together with our time answering the questions.
      All of interest and use to those of us with unconditional places.
      Any other 18 year olds with unconditional places on here?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bunratty)
      All of interest and use to those of us with unconditional places.
      Any other 18 year olds with unconditional places on here?
      Oh hi ur bak

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 11234)
      Could u explain how u understood big and little o notation and use in integration
      Any specific questions?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by physicsmaths)
      Any specific questions?
      Sometimes in a taylor expansion you could use eithwr big or little o how do you know if it is bounded or negligible

ReputationRep:
      My daughter just missed her offer and has been told she has to wait until 17th August. Does this really mean 17th August or whenever A level students in a similar position have had re-marks etc? i.e. could we be talking about another few days or even weeks after the 17th? 😬 Wondering what has happened in previous years?
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Magnificat7)
      My daughter just missed her offer and has been told she has to wait until 17th August. Does this really mean 17th August or whenever A level students in a similar position have had re-marks etc? i.e. could we be talking about another few days or even weeks after the 17th? 😬 Wondering what has happened in previous years?
      They will almost certainly give the decision on the 17th. They get A-level results a few days before that and will have a good idea of the final situation. Yes there will be A-level near-misses, the Summer Pool and also remarks which need to be notified before 31st August but you'd be unlikely to get caught up in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Why unlikely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      Why unlikely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Very few Historians get places via the Summer Pool (just 4 per year in the last 3 years). Your decision will almost certainly be known by Results Day.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Name:  Dy9yr_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  186.9 KB
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
      Name:  Dy9yr_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  186.9 KB
      Always

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Doonesbury)
      Very few Historians get places via the Summer Pool (just 4 per year in the last 3 years). Your decision will almost certainly be known by Results Day.
      Not History - Education with English
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      Not History - Education with English
      Even fewer - 1 per year in the past 3 years.
      Attachment 676312

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Doonesbury)
      Even fewer - 1 per year in the past 3 years.
      Attachment 676312
      Ok, and thank you!
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      Ok, and thank you!
      No problem, and even if your daughter is in the pool you should still get your decision on (I think) the Friday at the latest.

Edit: confirmed.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.