Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I'm 100% sure they won't mind. But I expect there will be "normal" AMA in a little while.
    There will be. From me, next week.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighamc)
    Anyone else unable to sleep?
    Welcome to the thread

(Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    There will be. From me, next week.
    Excellent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mature≠sensible)
    For the Natural Scientists and Computer Scientists out there, this year's pre-course Maths Workbook has just gone up. I've also got copies of the 2015 and 2016 ones if anyone wants them.
    Thanks for that Do you by any chance know what IA course of maths is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheryl____C)
    I believe that all Computer Scientists and Natural Scientists will have this.
    As I understand it, CompSci, NatSci and Possibly Engineers all have a joint maths course for first year. (With exception of Biologists who do something slightly different)
    This is a preparation booklet to ensure that everyone is in roughly the same place in October.

From the Computer Science Website:
    Code:
    The Maths Workbook

Cambridge throws a lot of material at you in a short period of time,   and much of it is mathematical. Unfortunately, skills in mathematics   are prone to atrophy if not practised so it is worth spending time   brushing up on a wide range of topics.  
    To assist you in this endeavour, you should try all the exercises in the Mathematics for the Natural Sciences Workbook produced by the University's Faculty of Mathematics before you arrive.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, CompSci, NatSci and Possibly Engineers all have a joint maths course for first year.
    Not engineers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, CompSci, NatSci and Possibly Engineers all have a joint maths course for first year. (With exception of Biologists who do something slightly different)
    This is a preparation booklet to ensure that everyone is in roughly the same place in October.

From the Computer Science Website:
    Code:
    The Maths Workbook

Cambridge throws a lot of material at you in a short period of time,   and much of it is mathematical. Unfortunately, skills in mathematics   are prone to atrophy if not practised so it is worth spending time   brushing up on a wide range of topics.  
    To assist you in this endeavour, you should try all the exercises in the Mathematics for the Natural Sciences Workbook produced by the University's Faculty of Mathematics before you arrive.
    There are actually three maths courses for IA natsci: Mathematics (Course A or B), Mathematical Biology, and Elementary Mathematics for Biologists, not just onehttp://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/undergradnst
    Name:  屏幕快照 2017-08-14 16.41.57.png
Views: 34
Size:  84.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheryl____C)
    If you want an actual(*) Cambridge maths preparation (work)sheet then you can look here: http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/stcs...tory_sheet.pdf

(*) as in, for the maths course (**)
    (**) for any mathmos reading this, you don't get sent this sheet (unless you're at a specific college). It's just available online for you to try, if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else given up hope for Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i am a offer holder and was just wondering if their are any offer holder group chats ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacklee123)
    i am a offer holder and was just wondering if their are any offer holder group chats ?
    You're in it

Alternatively, if thefacebook is still your thing:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1236838156395948
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not quite given up hope but I wont be surprised if I miss my offer

ReputationRep:
    You're in it

Alternatively, if thefacebook is still your thing:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1236838156395948
    i was looking for the facebook one but thankyou
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not engineers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there any prep work available for engineers?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacklee123)
    i was looking for the facebook one but thankyou
    Your college JCR will have one too, either already or soon after results day.

Just be very wary of the unofficial FB groups that pretend to be official. Especially the ones set up by companies to push/promote freshers - you will be spammed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Is there any prep work available for engineers?
    None is needed. But bring a spanner.

ReputationRep:
    Your college JCR will have one too, either already or soon after results day.

Just be very wary of the unofficial FB groups that pretend to be official. Especially the ones set up by companies to push/promote freshers - you will be spammed.
    alright thanks ill keep that in mind when im joining groups

ReputationRep:
    None is needed. But bring a spanner.
    If there's one thing I learnt from engineers this year, it's to build the god damn pipes properly.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much, yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really, but at this point I just wanna sleep until Thursday... I want to find out 😭
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    If there's one thing I learnt from engineers this year, it's to build the god damn pipes properly.
    Reference to Norfolk?

One tip though... Lego Mindstorms...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.