Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Assuming your Cam offer is anything like mine, you've probably got at least AAB even after you factor in duff exams and days. Dont get yourself too down by dwelling on worst case scenarios.
    I'm trying not to - I'm hoping for AAC (maths was a disaster however there are issues which school have written to Cambridge and Nottingham about in that subject) so I'm hoping for that to be accepted by Nottingham. The only way I have any hope of getting into Cambridge is if they accept A*A*B bearing in mind the issues with maths, and that's only if the grade boundaries fall really low

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Thank you very much for allowing me to be on your rollercoaster ride!

Spoiler:
    Show

It's been real honour for me to know you and share a lot of time through the journey.
    But I can and should tell you now that I've (and I'm sure Doonesbury, too) always had more confidence in you than you do in yourself. Nobody has been so brave, so hard-working, so loving and warm and funny as you have been in spite of all the difficulties you might have had to come through. I have nothing but respect for you and your mother who brought up an amazing girl like you.
    So whatever happens on Thursday, I have 120% confident you'll be successful in whatever you set your heart on, wherever. You just have to start believing in yourself more, just as rest of us do in you.

Good luck on Thursday, and ever after!
    Wow, I don't know what to say! Thanks so much Vincrows *appropriate hugs*. This is hands down the kindest and most meaningful thing anyone has ever said to me! Wow, I wish correctly quantify my appreciation for that. Thank you!

(My smilies aren't working so sadly I cannot add any in but I will later...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I'm trying not to - I'm hoping for AAC (maths was a disaster however there are issues which school have written to Cambridge and Nottingham about in that subject) so I'm hoping for that to be accepted by Nottingham. The only way I have any hope of getting into Cambridge is if they accept A*A*B bearing in mind the issues with maths, and that's only if the grade boundaries fall really low

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nottingham are pretty flexible with grades.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Wow, I don't know what to say! Thanks so much Vincrows *appropriate hugs*. This is hands down the kindest and most meaningful thing anyone has ever said to me! Wow, I wish correctly quantify my appreciation for that. Thank you!

And to run with vincrows's eloquence a bit more, we've all been on your rollercoaster ride together, every swoop of the way. I think we've given you an encouraging push every now and again when the going has got a bit steep, and now we are rolling headlong towards the finish, with the automatic camera thingy ready to photograph our smiling faces as *you* compete this stage of your journey.

There are many stages ahead too - this is just the beginning of the next version of you. A you that must look back with pride at what you have achieved and embrace with more confidence whatever comes next. Didn't someone once say "it's kind of fun to do the impossible"...

I humbly wish you the very very best of luck for Thursday.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by NeverLucky)
    I'll PM you the most recent video
    bro... stay woke fam :lol:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    bro... stay woke fam :lol:
    Wut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    And to run with vincrows's eloquence a bit more, we've all been on your rollercoaster ride together, every swoop of the way. I think we've given you an encouraging push every now and again when the going has got a bit steep, and now we are rolling headlong towards the finish, with the automatic camera thingy ready to photograph our smiling faces as *you* compete this stage of your journey.

There are many stages ahead too - this is just the beginning of the next version of you. A you that must look back with pride at what you have achieved and embrace with more confidence whatever comes next. Didn't someone once say "it's kind of fun to do the impossible"...

I humbly wish you the very very best of luck for Thursday.
    😔💕😘

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)

Steamboat, your journey has been long and your passion and patience unrivalled. If I don't get in but you do there will be a part of me that feels like we all won ! 💕
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Wut?
    kappa

ReputationRep:
    kappa
    I have no idea what you're talking about
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

I have no idea what you're talking about
    Well then, that's fine! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well then, that's fine! :lol:
    Explain pls kappa

ReputationRep:
    Panic, everyone!

(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    Decision letters printing.... getting exciting now!

ReputationRep:
    2 days to go! I remember being in this position!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Panic, everyone!
    Wait, there's decision letters? Are they supposed to arrive on results day first post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    Wait, there's decision letters? Are they supposed to arrive on results day first post?
    Yes. Not sure about "first post", but they should arrive on results day for UK applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Doonesbury/PQ can I ask a question ? For one of my exams I was allowed to take in a script (drama). The invigilator was slightly concerned that he hadn't been briefed on annotation amounts and raised the issue of possible over annotation (in front of everyone in the exam room to my horror) to the Examinations Manager. She consulted my tutor for that subject and they agreed that it was ok and that AQA need not to be informed. Now I've read that someone got an X for turning up late. Would they have to inform me if I was getting an X ? I did the best I could given the trauma of the beginning of the exam but now I'm panicking that AQA will find out and X me. The college assured my mother that it was fine and nothing would be affected. Am I worrying unnecessarily ? 😔

ReputationRep:
    Actually if anyone can help me (good news or bad news I can take it) I'd be really grateful 😔😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)
    Am I worrying unnecessarily ? 😔
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Yes
    Thank you 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.