Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Doubt I'll be joining that's tomorrow :lol:
    Don't speak too soon

I love how no one has posted. I wanted to claim first post after OP but I don't have the guts to do it considering that could backfire on me massively tomorrow
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Don't speak too soon

I love how no one has posted. I wanted to claim first post after OP but I don't have the guts to do it considering that could backfire on me massively tomorrow
    I thought of breaking the ice... Lol.

There must be some internationals, IBers, Scots with results completed and places agreed. Just nobody wanting to say hi yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)

There must be some internationals, IBers, Scots with results completed and places agreed. Just nobody wanting to say hi yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The mantle of being the first to post is a heavy one... I can say hi on this thread though. Hi :cool:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Want me to do the honours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Want me to do the honours?
    :innocent:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Cambridge think you could do it, they wouldn't have given you the offer if they didn't. Don't give up hope just yet, I remember feeling similar on Jan 11 waiting for the offer response
    Thanks haha. Yeah, I didn't think I'd get an interview to be honest, and then I ended up getting a place through the winter pool. It has been a bit crazy but I just wish they'd let us know now because I am getting sick of the anticipation.

(Original post by 210555)
    Fingers crossed you will. Go watch some tele.👍
    Doing so right now Thanks, man x

(Original post by carpenoctem)
    Don't speak too soon

Yeah I'd rather just wait and appear on the tenth page rather than embarrass myself if I don't get in :')

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be a long ol' night 😒 see you on the other side, my friends 💕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is reminding me of my results night. I'd say the most important thing is to sleep well, or at least rest well, but I know how difficult that is.

I'm so excited!! (easy to say on this side of the fence) But results day is exciting whatever happens - it's another milestone to remember with pride - YOU SURVIVED.

:rave:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck one and all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do some unis really email students just after midnight, or is this a rumour going around? If this is true, can we expect anything from Cambridge or?

ReputationRep:
    Do some unis really email students just after midnight, or is this a rumour going around? If this is true, can we expect anything from Cambridge or?
    I've never heard of that.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS rules stipulate that no contact can be made until 06:00 at the earliest. Some universities have been known to break this rule in the past but you definitely won't be getting anything from Cambridge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippidee)
    I've never heard of that.
    It has been floating around UCAS applicant pages and some of my sixth form group chats... don't know if its as much of a myth as the old track opens at midnight fallacy.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Not unless your college is using the new supersonic owls, but I think they've only been successfully bred in any numbers by Christ's so far.

(No, as per Forecast )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not unless your college is using the new supersonic owls, but I think they've only been successfully bred in any numbers by Christ's so far.

(No, as per Forecast )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: I love your witty responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir albert)
    Good luck one and all.
    Good luck to,your daughter, too.

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE REST OF YOU, TOO.

(Try to get some some sleep. You need to conserve some energy for tomorrow's excitement!! )

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, I hope everyone gets the grades they want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Good luck guys
    And to you, too.
    Lovely to see you back here.

ReputationRep:
    There's got to be an explanation to this:

OCR English Lit new exam, to get an A grade, raw marks 173/200 (86.5%)
    Edexcel equivalent 207/300 (69%) raw marks

Can that possibly be correct?

I don't mean are the figures correct, they are.

What I mean is WTF! How?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.