Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Re-mark isn't free.
    Besides, a degree of Cambridge in a few years time in his hand, nobody will care (nor will it your future prospect) whether you had A*AA or AA*A when you were a teenager.....
    Do the re-mark. My daughter got 3xA* and 2A in 2013 and we got one of the As remarked cos it was only one of the A2 units that was below 90. She got the A* on the remark and the satisfaction remains to this day. It's best to be rewarded adequately for your effort and not accept a lower grade if you believe you were better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Just checked track:
    Gonna be an awkwards first few days i bet... (knowing most convos will inevitably result in people asking each other what they got in step)
    Avoid such people!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!
    You are! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!
    Yaaay happy for ya which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)
    Very well deserved ! So am I ! How shocking 😂😂
    Well deserved! Well done
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)
    Very well deserved ! So am I ! How shocking 😂😂
    W00t!

(Original post by WhiteScythe)
    My track hasn't updated either
    Send your UMS & raw marks to your college.
    And read and post in this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4869518

(Original post by fandom-queen)
    Kind of regretting not applying to Cambridge now...........grades were much better than expected.

BUT CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!! Cambridge is no joke, well done!
    As per patrick's post - use this Advice Clinic by Christ's
    https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/admiss...ce-clinic-2017

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Still conditional, York confirmed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Send your UMS & raw marks to your college.
    And read and post in this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4869518

(Original post by ericacookies)
    Mine still hasn't updated either, and I was a near miss IB student
    Probably in the Pool.

(Original post by ML8020)
    Officially accepted by Cambridge on Track!!
    Can't wait to collect my grades now
    W00t!

(Original post by solC)
    Just checked track:

They let me in with a 2.2 in step... WTF.
    Seriously wasnt expecting that...
    Gonna be an awkwards first few days i bet... (knowing most convos will inevitably result in people asking each other what they got in step)
    Dont know how im feeling rn.
    Think im just confused
    Double W00t!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    You are! Well done!
    :heart:

ReputationRep:
    You are! Well done!
    Well done to you for fishing her!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a banner for my insurance choice saying "Congraulations, your place at X for Y has been confirmed" so this means I have missed my grades for Cambridge, right? Also my insurance offer has turned unconditional... But it then says "you are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions for your first choice". Can someone confirm for me that I haven't got in?

ReputationRep:
    Got a offer from Cambridge so happy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone! :woo::woo: To everyone still waiting, I hope you make it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You are! Well done!
    Sort of in a state of disbelief! My mum is kind-of an emotional mess. 😂

Thanks so much for all of the threads and everything Dr. Spencer! Really can't wait to thank you in person. 👏🏻 See you in October.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've missed my offer.. Going to nottngham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pending because I failed my chemistry core practicals. Feels bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    IB students here as well! I thought I could wake up today and finally see it all end. But NOPE, still stuck at conditional.

At this rate I probably won't even get housing at my insurance uni... :cry2:
    It's never over is it I'm in the same boat, will probably get stuck with the most expensive horrible accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Are you on Edexcel for chem? I heard there were issues about them marking practicals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    IB students here as well! I thought I could wake up today and finally see it all end. But NOPE, still stuck at conditional.

At this rate I probably won't even get housing at my insurance uni... :cry2:
    Your College will want to compare you with A level students who've narrowly missed. If you're genuinely worried about your insurance you could ask to be released from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Are you on Edexcel for chem? I heard there were issues about them marking practicals
    Yeah, it would really suck to be rejected for completing a list of practicals which the teacher walks you through

ReputationRep:
    Was that with Edexcel? There was an update on the A2/AS results day countdown thread late yesterday.

Important update for Edexcel Biology, Chemistry and Physics candidates applying through UCAS

You know the bit above about how you should take what shows on Track with a pinch of salt? That goes double if you took one of these Edexcel subjects and Track either hasn't updated or shows a rejection.

It seems that Edexcel sent through exam results with FAILS (NC) for the practical component for some candidates who have actually PASSED (P). UCAS have got a corrected file but universities will only get that ON results day.

If you've taken one of these exams with Edexcel and Track shows that you're rejected then check your results ASAP. If you've met your offer or are close AND you passed your practical component (and haven't had anything through from UCAS or your university by email about this) then you need to CALL your university ASAP. All you're looking to do is verify whether you were rejected based on your practical result and let them know that they were sent incorrect results if so.

If you've taken one of these exams with Edexcel and Track shows no change then it is possible that you have been affected by this. Again get your results and check you passed the practical component and check your email (and spam) for any messages from your university or UCAS. If they haven't been in touch then CALL your universities ASAP to let them know you passed your practical component and make sure they have the correct results for you.

This doesn't affect all candidates but we don't know the scale yet - the key thing is not to panic. If you've been rejected by mistake because the exam board sent through incorrect results then that will get reversed.

Stay calm, take names and job titles, ask to speak to someone more senior if you don't think the person you're speaking to understands the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Well done to you for fishing her!
    I'm a discerning chap!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.